Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > HistoryOfConcertSound.org

Showco Prism

<< < (2/4) > >>

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on March 13, 2022, 11:58:56 AM ---The original crossovers and drive were custom built analog and in a plug in card format with a main frame, kind of like the DBX 500 series, maybe they used a 500 series frame!
Had a chance to buy one once for cheap, looking back I should have and put it up on the audio nostalgia shelf.

Last time I heard a Prism show was 20ish years ago at a Robert Plant  WHO concert, it sounded for both acts, by then it was processed with the original LAKE processors. Powered by lots of Crown Macro Tech's.

--- End quote ---

I heard it at Busch Stadium in 1989 for The Who and I was shocked at how good it was.  I wasn’t in the business at the time.  The bass solos on My Generation were so present and so clear, the whole thing was just stunning. 

Side note: I was in their unassuming Dallas shop and was shown a dbx compressor with the comment “that right there will drive every amp rack we own”. 

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on March 12, 2022, 07:05:14 PM ---https://www.paoftheday.com/showco-prism-sound-system/

--- End quote ---

And what are these “magruder screws” referred to?

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on March 13, 2022, 02:58:17 PM ---And what are these “magruder screws” referred to?

--- End quote ---

A screw with a head that needed a special bit to take out.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on March 13, 2022, 03:09:10 PM ---A screw with a head that needed a special bit to take out.

--- End quote ---
If you have to make the drive bit yourself, it becomes a McGuyver screw...

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on March 13, 2022, 02:58:17 PM ---And what are these “magruder screws” referred to?

--- End quote ---
Pre-curser to Security Torx?
I hate those fuckin things.....
Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version