ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send Aux Buss main Output to a remote location over CAT5 Wire  (Read 2110 times)

Jim Murphy

I have a customer who has an X32 and I need to get the output of one of the Aux mixes into another room where I need to convert it to analog. The system includes the Miidas stage box currently. Since I do not sell the Behringer board I am not familiar with the digital output capability. The end project is a studio space where the livestream will be created. I will be taking the output signal of the X32 Aux buss into a video switcher and also into a pair of powered speakers for the engineer to hear.  prefer to not use an analog output due to distance. We will provide the engineer with either a computer or an iPad where he can access the individual faders on the selected Aux buss. Open to suggestions.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 02:43:54 PM »

I have a customer

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: Send Aux Buss main Output to a remote location over CAT5 Wire
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 11:00:46 AM »

I have a customer who has an X32 and I need to get the output of one of the Aux mixes into another room where I need to convert it to analog. The system includes the Miidas stage box currently. Since I do not sell the Behringer board I am not familiar with the digital output capability. The end project is a studio space where the livestream will be created. I will be taking the output signal of the X32 Aux buss into a video switcher and also into a pair of powered speakers for the engineer to hear.  prefer to not use an analog output due to distance. We will provide the engineer with either a computer or an iPad where he can access the individual faders on the selected Aux buss. Open to suggestions.

Balanced analog runs fine over a 1000' of cable, and can even use CAT5, as long as the wire's not carrying any other traffic. If you want to stay digital, though, look into Behringer's headphone monitor product family. Your system has a dedicated output and dedicated mix buses for it. We use it in our venue to feed a compatible Turbosound fill speaker without losing one of our analog outputs.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 12:09:07 AM »

You’re probably going to be best served by just running analog down the existing cat5 cable.  Both ultranet and behringers implementation of AES50 require shielded cat5e.  The AES50 with bonded ethercon connectors as well.  If it’s existing cable and actually cat5 (not cat5e) then you’re probably out of luck for digital transport. 

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:33:53 AM »

While they're in short supply, the 'digital' solution would be to get the DANTE card for the X-32. DANTE is a digital audio over network protocol that's pretty much the industry standard at the moment, though it does have specific requirements for the network setup (though you could absolutely run directly from the DANTE card on the X-32 into the network port on the PC and avoid any issues).

You could then run this into a computer running Audinate's DVS and (insert your favorite audio engineering software here), and allow your engineer to do more than just mix an aux; he would then be able to apply his own effects, comp, etc. as needed. Run the analog output of that computer into your video switcher. The analog output of your video switcher goes to your speakers.

(Quick note: Audinate's DVS doesn't currently work with the M1 Mac's; it's in beta currently).

But yes, the easiest way to do this is as others have said; just run analog. Distance is not an issue for balanced analog audio.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 11:12:23 AM »

The full size X32 (and M32) has a dedicated AES/EBU output.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 04:55:37 PM »

The full size X32 (and M32) has a dedicated AES/EBU output.

I forget about this on the regular, but yeah that's a good feature on the full sized ones.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 04:55:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.