Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Hazers and fire alarms...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Suede Pierce on March 01, 2022, 03:29:00 PM ---I was just wondering if anyone knows of a hazer or haze fluid that won't set off fire alarms?

--- End quote ---

No, because it's not dependent on the type of fluid, it's dependent on the type of sensors. 

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Suede Pierce on March 01, 2022, 03:29:00 PM ---I was just wondering if anyone knows of a hazer or haze fluid that won't set off fire alarms?

--- End quote ---
Did you read the detailed answer that three people took the time to write for you?

It's one thing to ask a question easily answered with an Internet search it's another to ignore a complete and accurate response(s) because they are TLDR.

BYW I am the welcome again, welcome to a community of Professionals. 

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Steve-White:
^^^ "Welcome Wagon" :)

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on March 02, 2022, 07:14:15 AM ---^^^ "Welcome Wagon" :)

--- End quote ---
Well, Welcome Wagging (his finger).

Brian Jojade:

--- End quote ---

Such a thing simply does not exist. 

Now, if the question is, how can you get a haze effect and be less likely to set off smoke alarms, that can be a discussion.  But the simple fact is, smoke alarms are detecting smoke and haze. If you make smoke/haze, that detector is going to sense it. Once it hits a certain threshold, it's going to go off.

With some sensors, even dense FOG (ie, real, natural fog, which is just water droplets) is enough to trip them off.

So, the answer is, anything that creates a fog or a haze has the potential to set off alarms.

Hazers used sparingly and kept away from the sensors may be able to achieve enough of an effect whereas you can use them and not set off many sensors, but all it may take is a slight change in airflow to push you over the limit and set them off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version