ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost remote for motorized projector screen  (Read 1295 times)

John L Nobile

Lost remote for motorized projector screen
« on: February 15, 2022, 05:31:03 PM »

Someone lost the remote for our Elunevision Luna 200" projector screen. That's what happens when you don't use it for almost 2 years. Company said that they don't have anything for that model as it's 7 years old. So they're no help. Told me that I need a new screen. Seriously.

I don't know much about it but I think I can hardwire to the screen but I can't seem to find anything to use other than a cheap looking unit that has chinese writing on it.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09JP9Z7LJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A38O7Y2DTQGBNO&psc=1

Any ideas would be appreciated. I was hoping that someone made a universal screen remote.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Lost remote for motorized projector screen
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 06:38:04 PM »

Someone lost the remote for our Elunevision Luna 200" projector screen. That's what happens when you don't use it for almost 2 years. Company said that they don't have anything for that model as it's 7 years old. So they're no help. Told me that I need a new screen. Seriously.

I don't know much about it but I think I can hardwire to the screen but I can't seem to find anything to use other than a cheap looking unit that has chinese writing on it.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09JP9Z7LJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A38O7Y2DTQGBNO&psc=1

Any ideas would be appreciated. I was hoping that someone made a universal screen remote.

Just buy it (it's cheap) and if it doesn't work, return it.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »

DaLite has (or had) external RF to contact closure interfaces.  I believe they had a few different screen control options but I havenít had reason to look recently to refresh my info.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 09:48:25 AM »

You read where it says 220 volt, right?
Scott Hofmann

John L Nobile

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 10:45:52 AM »

You read where it says 220 volt, right?

Yeah. But I'd be hooking it up to 110 so I don't think it would matter. But the whole thing looks cheap and shoddy. It's a last resort option.

I may call our inhouse AV which is now Encore. They must have someone who knows about this stuff and I'm too busy to spend time on this and I can't go up on lifts anymore.

A remote is all I need.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 12:40:43 PM »

Just look at a different industry-your function is the same as a garage door opener.  These guys have a bunch of options-including some we use in our industrial facility:

https://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com/remotes-by-part.html

Of course, you'll need a receiver and a transmitter but a local door company can probably help you as well.
Steve Swaffer

John L Nobile

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 01:37:51 PM »

Just look at a different industry-your function is the same as a garage door opener.  These guys have a bunch of options-including some we use in our industrial facility:

https://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com/remotes-by-part.html

Of course, you'll need a receiver and a transmitter but a local door company can probably help you as well.

Don't think that would work for me. I did order this and I think I can wire the receiver to the screen and control it from the wall or remotely. I can't go up in a lift anymore so I'm hoping our in house electrician can figure it out.

https://www.amazon.ca/Intelligent-Wireless-Transmitter-Controller-Projection/dp/B09B7BTRBG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QVKW7GKR3Z1F&keywords=Remote+Switch%2CAC220V+2CH+433MHz+Intelligent&qid=1645727634&s=hi&sprefix=remote+switch%2Cac220v+2ch+433mhz+intelligent%2Ctools%2C145&sr=1-1

Anyone see a flaw in this plan?

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 10:31:41 PM »

It calls out a 220 VAC supply-if you only have 110 available it may not work.

Not sure why a garage door opener receiver/transmitter wouldn't work?  The ones we use have dry contacts wired in parallel to the wired door controllers so they shouldn't care what they run.  Functionally no different than what you linked to but they are built better-you were concerned about shoddy and ours can add an external antenna if reception is sketchy.
Steve Swaffer

John L Nobile

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 10:16:09 AM »

It calls out a 220 VAC supply-if you only have 110 available it may not work.

Not sure why a garage door opener receiver/transmitter wouldn't work?  The ones we use have dry contacts wired in parallel to the wired door controllers so they shouldn't care what they run.  Functionally no different than what you linked to but they are built better-you were concerned about shoddy and ours can add an external antenna if reception is sketchy.

All I'm seeing in that link are transmitters. I'd need a receiver to connect to the screen.

Stephen Swaffer

Steve Swaffer

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #9 on: February 26, 2022, 09:42:46 AM ¬Ľ

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.