Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Label maker

<< < (2/5) > >>

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: Keith Broughton on February 08, 2022, 10:58:29 AM ---I use the same one and it works well. A lot of "compatible" cartridges available.

--- End quote ---

Yes, compatible, but there are a lot of CRAP compatible cartridges too...

Erik Jerde:
I use a Dymo Rhino largely because I can get heat shrink label stock for it.  I wonder if there are any Computer controllable ones out there that can also do shrink.

Daniel Levi:

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on February 08, 2022, 03:11:16 PM ---I use a Dymo Rhino largely because I can get heat shrink label stock for it.  I wonder if there are any Computer controllable ones out there that can also do shrink.

--- End quote ---

Any of the Brother machines with pc connectivity that can do 18mm+ labels, some of the PC only machines are quite clever in that they include a "lite" version of the editing software in the printer, and a switch on the back puts it in to editor lite mode where the device simply appears as a USB memory device. No installation needed other than the USB memory device.

Jeff Lelko:
I've got a Brother PT-E550W which more than fits my needs.  Aside from the standard label functionality (including barcodes) it can print on shrink and also be controlled from my phone in addition to PC.  Despite my first thoughts of the phone control being more of a party trick than anything I've found it to be quite useful.

To address the OP, my rationale for this machine over the $39 machines from Staples was to print on shrink for the custom cables I make, but all the other pro-level features come in handy too.

Jonathan Kok:
I've always been a fan of the Brady BMP21-PLUS for portable labelling. It'll do the self-laminating wire-wrap labels, as well as patch panel labels. You can also get heat-shrink tubing for it. Easily held in one hand. Never been a fan of the Brother labeler; their labels just didn't seem to last.  Though that PT-E550W looks nice. And I see that they now make a self-laminating label as well. Might be worth another look. Still a little hesitant; the label tape price is almost half of what Brady's is, and I suspect there's a 'quality' reason for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version