Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Label maker

<< < (4/5) > >>

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on February 14, 2022, 04:49:14 PM ---Dymo Rhino 5200 gets it done.

--- End quote ---

I have a Dymo Rhino 8000. Worked great until the "power" cutter jammed and stopped working. No way anybody is going to take it apart and fix it.  I understand that was a common problem with the 8000 so it was discontinued.

The 5200 still has the manual lever cutter, which is good, but it won't take the 1" wide tape and doesn't have the features the 8000 did. It looks like the 8000 has been replaced with the 6000x (which replaces the 6000)  :o . It is supposed to have an "improved" power cutter.

Dunno, but I have no problem moving a cutoff lever with my thumb.

-Hal

Mark Norgren:
I just bought a Rhino 6000 and it seems to be working great!  Mine has the power cutter and now I'm hoping I don't have any issues with it??

Daniel Levi:
The power cutter is quite handy on my brother as it's not only great when you are doing multiple labels at once (either multiple copies of the same label or doing mail merge labels) but it also automatically cuts of the extra bit of label when doing small margin labels.

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Jonathan Kok on February 11, 2022, 09:18:03 AM ---I've always been a fan of the Brady BMP21-PLUS for portable labelling. It'll do the self-laminating wire-wrap labels, as well as patch panel labels. You can also get heat-shrink tubing for it. Easily held in one hand. Never been a fan of the Brother labeler; their labels just didn't seem to last.  Though that PT-E550W looks nice. And I see that they now make a self-laminating label as well. Might be worth another look. Still a little hesitant; the label tape price is almost half of what Brady's is, and I suspect there's a 'quality' reason for that.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jonathan Kok on February 14, 2022, 11:57:47 AM ---By 'Self Laminating', I mean, part of the label is white, and part of the label is clear. The clear portion wraps around the white portion. I saw a press release dated October 2020 that says they were releasing them as a new product?

--- End quote ---

Your understanding is correct on both accounts.

I have a Brother PT-E550W and I love it for making patch panel & general labeling (QWERTY is awesome).

That said, the self laminating label (TZESL251) either didn't exist, is hard to find, super expensive, or doesn't work as you would expect.

The standard laminated labels (TZE-251) have all fallen off or smudge quickly.
The 'strong adhesive' labels (HGE-S251) are more expensive and stick better, but still don't self laminate.

Lastly, (anecdotal evidence inbound) some keys on the keymat on my (2017) PT-E550W stopped working, I cleaned it and still have an issue so it must be the daughterboard, support is still an unknown quantity. I'd say dismal at best (but most support is these days).

---

I am going to replace my Brother PT-E550W with a Brady M210 or BMP41 after using some a fellow integrator crew used.
-higher quality glue
-self laminating
-size
-magnet attachment
-durability

I hate the 'ABCD' M210 (& former BMP21-PLUS) so am heavily considering the BMP41 for QWERTY.

Jonathan Kok:

--- Quote from: Nathan Riddle on September 11, 2022, 12:54:24 PM ---Your understanding is correct on both accounts.

I have a Brother PT-E550W and I love it for making patch panel & general labeling (QWERTY is awesome).

That said, the self laminating label (TZESL251) either didn't exist, is hard to find, super expensive, or doesn't work as you would expect.

The standard laminated labels (TZE-251) have all fallen off or smudge quickly.
The 'strong adhesive' labels (HGE-S251) are more expensive and stick better, but still don't self laminate.

Lastly, (anecdotal evidence inbound) some keys on the keymat on my (2017) PT-E550W stopped working, I cleaned it and still have an issue so it must be the daughterboard, support is still an unknown quantity. I'd say dismal at best (but most support is these days).

---

I am going to replace my Brother PT-E550W with a Brady M210 or BMP41 after using some a fellow integrator crew used.
-higher quality glue
-self laminating
-size
-magnet attachment
-durability

I hate the 'ABCD' M210 (& former BMP21-PLUS) so am heavily considering the BMP41 for QWERTY.

--- End quote ---
The one thing I'd note is that the Rechargeable battery in the BMP21-PLUS must be removed to charge it - you can't charge it while it's in the device. Odd choice, that. The unit comes with one power cable, so if the battery dies, you can either use the device plugged into the wall, or charge the battery, but not both. That being said, the battery life is very, very long. Don't know how the BMP41 or M210 work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version