Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

The Old Digital Console Thread

(1/21) > >>

Doug Fowler:
I alluded to the various Yamaha UIs in another thread.   There exists a video about Yammy digital mixer history. 

When is the last time anyone saw Innovason in the wild?  I remember when it was released, NSCA I suppose. 

There were plenty of players in the 90s, maybe some late 80s.
Soundcraft, Tascam, Roland, what else?

Mike Caldwell:
Soundcraft had the Spirit Digital in or around the late 90's and Allen Heath had one about the same time, I think both were a test of the digital market. I don't think either of those first models were around too long.
I just did some looking and could not find anything on the early A&H mixer.

More of an early mid 2000 era was the EAW UMX mixer.

Tim Weaver:
I remember seeing an Innovason come in on a theater tour once and just wondering how in the world it even worked. There seemed to be no controls an the thing other than faders.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on February 06, 2022, 12:04:07 AM ---Soundcraft had the Spirit Digital in or around the late 90's and Allen Heath had one about the same time, I think both were a test of the digital market. I don't think either of those first models were around too long.
I just did some looking and could not find anything on the early A&H mixer.

More of an early mid 2000 era was the EAW UMX mixer.

--- End quote ---

I saw one UMX in the wild. I think Foreigner FOH had one for himself.  This would be around 2009.

Tim Weaver:
My first digital experience was in the mid 90's using a Yamaha Pro-Mix 01. Baylor University had one I used for basketball games and other stuff at the arena.

When I moved to Texas A&M they had an 03d and a couple of the early 01v's. For some reason I always hated using the 01v, but me and the 03d got along just fine. So much so that I bought one for myself in 2008 when I left A&M and started my own little soundco. That evolved into an 01v96 and I managed to do full remote mixing on it before the iPad was even available. I also had that 01v96 maxed out on inputs and outputs. Even did a local musical with it where I used every in and out, and even had to wye together a couple things to make it all fit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version