ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX835 - Opinions, Thoughts and Complaints  (Read 4016 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: JBL SRX835 - Opinions, Thoughts and Complaints
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 05:15:53 PM »

When it comes to 'throw'......the SM80's blow me away. A few years back I visited with a forum member down in Raleigh and we tested my SRX800 and DSR112 boxes with his SM80's (outdoor equivalents). The Danley made my speakers - all of them - sound inferior at least in the coverage department. We set everything up outside playing canned music through them and simply walked back farther and farther...... After the DSRs and SRX's had 'run out', the Danleys kept going and going and going.... it was crazy. Finally years later I own a pair -WOOP!

Just to clarify, my SRX boxes were 812 and 815 so not 3 ways but you get the point....

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=159065.0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 05:18:15 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2022, 12:27:52 AM »

When it comes to 'throw'......the SM80's blow me away. A few years back I visited with a forum member down in Raleigh and we tested my SRX800 and DSR112 boxes with his SM80's (outdoor equivalents). The Danley made my speakers - all of them - sound inferior at least in the coverage department. We set everything up outside playing canned music through them and simply walked back farther and farther...... After the DSRs and SRX's had 'run out', the Danleys kept going and going and going.... it was crazy. Finally years later I own a pair -WOOP!

Just to clarify, my SRX boxes were 812 and 815 so not 3 ways but you get the point....

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=159065.0

The KF-850, all "beloved" 255 lbs of it... doesn't start coming together for 10 meters but carries far... far... further than you'll want to move the KF-850. ;)

The clarity of Danley designs contributes to the perception of "throw", in addition to the directivity of their horn loading.  It's really apparent with their 'smaller' boxes ( <Jericho ).  Part of the fun is hearing coherent audio and having to look hard to find the speakers. :)

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2022, 12:27:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.