Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

JBL SRX835 - Opinions, Thoughts and Complaints

(1/5) > >>

Bailey Lukens:
Hello everyone,

For those of you that have JBL SRX835 tops, how well do they do outdoors? How many people do you think four of them would cover outdoors?

I know it really depends on genre, so let's say singer songwriter and contemporary rock.

Subs - four of the Danley TH115

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Brian Jojade:
Powered or passive?  My experience with the powered versions have been quite underwhelming compared to when powered externally.

Number of people isn't the greatest measurement, as it depends on how you're packing them in to get that count, and where you need that sound to be.

That being said, I've successfully used 4 to cover a crowd in a 300X300 space with 'rock concert' levels covering the first 75-100 feet with no issue.

Bailey Lukens:
Yes, passive. Good to know. Thanks!

Bailey Lukens:
Yeah, I know people aren't a good metric haha

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on January 31, 2022, 10:54:21 PM ---Powered or passive?  My experience with the powered versions have been quite underwhelming compared to when powered externally.

Number of people isn't the greatest measurement, as it depends on how you're packing them in to get that count, and where you need that sound to be.

That being said, I've successfully used 4 to cover a crowd in a 300X300 space with 'rock concert' levels covering the first 75-100 feet with no issue.

--- End quote ---

It's great seeing discussion on speakers that don't get a lot of attention :-(  We have discussed these speakers to death.  The top 7 searches on Google for the product point back here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version