Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

teaching bad mic technique via muisc videos

(1/4) > >>

Mike Caldwell:
We see bad / impossible mic technique all time in music videos and on TV and unfortunately
many people learn their technique that way!

Here's a more subtle one I found while looking for something else.

Tim Weaver:
Oh it's a hot one......

I love it when set designers pick a mic based on how it looks vs if its appropriate for the job.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on January 25, 2022, 12:42:39 PM ---Oh it's a hot one......

I love it when set designers pick a mic based on how it looks vs if its appropriate for the job.

--- End quote ---

Well, it is a music VIDEO!

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on January 25, 2022, 12:42:39 PM ---Oh it's a hot one......

--- End quote ---

That was the lead vocal mic for The Chieftains for many years.

Mac

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on January 25, 2022, 02:49:57 PM ---That was the lead vocal mic for The Chieftains for many years.

Mac

--- End quote ---

I immediately went to youtube to try and find evidence of this, and I found the oddest mix of sound gear I've ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u7pDiO52xSs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version