Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Simple App controlled mixer with lock-outs

(1/3) > >>

Matt Vivlamore:
I am working with a venue to do an install and I am looking for a "mixer" that is app based where I can lock out majority of the mixer features and only have level control.
3 Stereo Inputs are:
House/Playback Music (stereo)
DJ (stereo)
Band's mixer (stereo)

Outputs:
Main PA (L & R)  (main PA has their own system processing)
Front Fills (mono)
Balcony Fills (mono)

The venue is providing Racks & Stacks and it'll be up to the band to provide Monitors/Mics/Stands/Stage cabling. 

Helge A Bentsen:
Sounds like a classic case for a DSP.
Yamaha MTX/BSS Soundweb or similar.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Helge A Bentsen on January 20, 2022, 02:12:48 PM ---Sounds like a classic case for a DSP.
Yamaha MTX/BSS Soundweb or similar.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  In addition to all the common suspects (QSys, Tesira, etc) you can also use some of the 'Lite' options - A&H AHM, QSC MP-M, Ashly Protea, etc.

Andrew Broughton:
With the MTX you can make a little custom Provisionaire tablet/phone layout that only does the things you want. Password protected, different controls for different users, status monitoring and logging, lots of possibilities!
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/processors/mtx/index.html
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/software/provisionaire/index.html

dave briar:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on January 20, 2022, 06:08:59 PM ---With the MTX you can make a little custom Provisionaire tablet/phone layout that only does the things you want. Password protected, different controls for different users, status monitoring and logging, lots of possibilities!

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Used ProVisionaire to make a simplified “Kiosk” so the bar staff could turn the amps off at night and set levels on the mezzanine fills.  We use a substantially more sophisticated version at FOH to monitor input levels, control matrix routing, swap EQ presets, as well as monitor the downstream amps. Seems to be a fairly easy to configure full-featured toolbox for creating tablet interfaces to the Yamaha/Nexo hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version