ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elation Customer Service  (Read 1729 times)

duane massey

Elation Customer Service
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:19:16 PM »

I have to post something positive today. In mid-December I sent a Showdesigner 2 to Elation for a client. This was an early version without the card reader, and slider #2 was defective. I received back today. They (1) cleaned it up (2) fixed the problem (3) installed a card reader (4) replaced the plastic bumpers (5) updated the software.
They covered it all at no charge, including return shipping.
I (and my client) are very impressed with this service, considering how most companies have abandoned customer service.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Tommy Nikiforov

Re: Elation Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 05:54:11 AM »

a different view on their customer service:

Bought an nx-touch , arrived broken new in box. sent it in for repairs under warranty. recieved the fixed unit with a bill telling me i broke the thing.
Lighting Designer / Programmer / Operator
ChamSys Alpha tester
Located in Southern Finland

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 02:50:36 PM »

I have to post something positive today. In mid-December I sent a Showdesigner 2 to Elation for a client. This was an early version without the card reader, and slider #2 was defective. I received back today. They (1) cleaned it up (2) fixed the problem (3) installed a card reader (4) replaced the plastic bumpers (5) updated the software.
They covered it all at no charge, including return shipping.
I (and my client) are very impressed with this service, considering how most companies have abandoned customer service.

That's awesome to hear Duane!  I don't have much Elation in my personal inventory, but the few times I've needed their support I've had good experiences.  One of my units needed a PCB replaced which was done under warranty for no charge, and a second time I was having issues updating a unit's firmware - Elation offered to ship the unit in and back to me for no charge so that they could address the problem in house.  Can't ask for more than that!

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 06:41:13 PM »

I purchased six Platinum Spot 5R's.  Three never worked right out of the box.  I requested RMA's and described the problem.  They did call and said all I needed was to replace a couple of small plug-in circuit boards.  I did that and if fixed one of the spots, but another spot failed while we were programing in its first hour of use.  I still had three units down.  Much as a tried at that time, I was never able to get them serviced and they are still sitting in my warehouse. This was more than 5 years ago when the 5R first became available. Interesting, I have had a couple of problems with ADJ movers recently, but the service has been excellent for the last few years.  This leads me to believe it has improved.  I know they occupy the same building.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 06:41:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.