ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas no longer making the DL32??  (Read 1700 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
Midas no longer making the DL32??
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:46:47 PM »

I've been hearing some news that Behringer/Midas is no longer manufacturing the DL32? Anybody have news on this product?

I have a Midas M32C unit and was hoping the DL32's would be shipping soon but now I've being told otherwise... Any truth to this?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:05:35 PM by Sam Costa »
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Midas no longer making the DL32??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »

I've been hearing some news that Behringer/Midas is no longer manufacturing the DL32? Anybody have news on this product?

I have a Midas M32C unit and was hoping the DL32's would be shipping soon but now I've being told otherwise... Any truth to this?  :-\

I have not heard that. Shipping on everything from Tribe has been spotty. I have one DL32 in stock that was delivered at the end of December.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 05:04:03 PM »

It's still a current product on the Midas website.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 06:12:29 PM »

With the X/M32 line still being sold and the Wing still somewhat new I can't imagine them not still making the DL16/DL32 stage boxes. Unless there is a new stage box soon to be released. Have you heard anything about a possible new stage box line?

Douglas R. Allen 

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 06:36:06 PM »

It's still a current product on the Midas website.

Ok thanks for the update. Sometimes you just never know what to believe. I couldnt imagine them doing away with a great product like that. Interestingly enough, I searched for both of these on sweetwater and guitar center .com sites and only Sweetwater has it displayed, however none on hand because of the supply chain issues.

Thanks.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »

Ok thanks for the update. Sometimes you just never know what to believe. I couldnt imagine them doing away with a great product like that. Interestingly enough, I searched for both of these on sweetwater and guitar center .com sites and only Sweetwater has it displayed, however none on hand because of the supply chain issues.

Thanks.

If you need one.... Andertons.co.uk or thomann.de (pick the English site).  I suggest checking into import duties and tariffs before ordering, but both of them seem to have (limited) stock on hand.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

doug johnson2

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 11:24:19 AM »

If you need one.... Andertons.co.uk or thomann.de (pick the English site).  I suggest checking into import duties and tariffs before ordering, but both of them seem to have (limited) stock on hand.
If you go this route, be sure to check the power supply type.  Some MT stuff has plug and play universal power supplies and some require addition/removal of jumpers.  Some are an easy job, some are a bit more complicated.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

If you go this route, be sure to check the power supply type.  Some MT stuff has plug and play universal power supplies and some require addition/removal of jumpers.  Some are an easy job, some are a bit more complicated.

FWIW, the high-res photo of the back of the DL32 on the MT website is labelled for an auto-ranging power input ("100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 55W").

-Russ

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 07:30:43 PM »

FWIW, the high-res photo of the back of the DL32 on the MT website is labelled for an auto-ranging power input ("100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 55W")
Talk about doing it the hard way!  Also, there's no guarantee from just looking at a photo that you're not looking at a regional variant - which a lot of manufacturers use.

Much more sensible to look at the product spec in the documentation:
https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0BMD/QSG_MI_P0BMD_DL32_WW.pdf
which does indeed confirm the power section as:
Switch-mode autorange power supply 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)
Power consumption 55 W

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 10:05:58 PM »

Talk about doing it the hard way!  Also, there's no guarantee from just looking at a photo that you're not looking at a regional variant - which a lot of manufacturers use.

Much more sensible to look at the product spec in the documentation:
https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0BMD/QSG_MI_P0BMD_DL32_WW.pdf
which does indeed confirm the power section as:
Switch-mode autorange power supply 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)
Power consumption 55 W

Honestly, the hi-res photos (or "photos"; I suspect they're renderings) on the MT website are often significantly easier to find than a product's actual specs. (Who in their right mind would put out a PDF called a "Product Information Document" that's a full seven pages long and doesn't include the technical specifications?)

As for regional variants, I don't believe I've seen a product released in the past decade or two where only some (but not all) of the regional variants came with an auto-ranging power supply.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 10:05:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.