ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Back in Blue, and straight into the abyss  (Read 2703 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Back in Blue, and straight into the abyss
« on: January 15, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »

On January 26th, I head back to New York City to start shop prep for the next North American tour of Blue Man Group.

When I walk into the shop on the 27th, it will have been 684 days since we got shut down and I flew home. It seems like an eternity now. What we all though would be a short 2 week lay off quickly turned into a month, then 3 months, and then a year and now nearly two years. Hell, I was only on that tour for 8 months to begin with anyway.

We'll be at Sound Associates in Yonkers for 2 weeks, and then at the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse, New York for another 2 1/2 weeks for tech and rehearsals where we will open on February 24th. Then we launch out on a 50 city tour and play more than 140 shows between February and July. We're mostly going to be on the east coast and the rust belt, with a short run through the southern plains of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. I'm contracted through May of 2023 and the dates for the fall and next spring should be posted later this year. (I haven't been told anything about what that leg of the route is).

PA is L-Acoustics Karas and SB18 subs, with a Digico SD10T, redundant QLab systems, and tons of MIDI and timecode automation. It's supposed to be the same show as the last tour, but I expect a few changes regarding the audience participation segments.

I wish I could offer some back stage tours, or the chance to sit at FOH with me. However, because of "reasons", the company is being super strict about non company members back stage or in the FOH locations. But if you happen to come to a show, give me a shout from across the plexiglass and we can do air fives from 2 1/2 meters away. And maybe we can grab a drink or burger afterwards.

https://www.blueman.com/tour/buy-tickets
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
Re: Back in Blue, and straight into the abyss
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 01:33:43 PM »

Congrats Justice!  Long haul you’ve had.
..db

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 02:32:03 PM »

What we all though would be a short 2 week lay off quickly turned into a month, then 3 months, and then a year and now nearly two years.

Congrats on getting back up on the horse, Justice!

Oh man, all those one-nighters - pace yourself.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 06:04:20 PM »

If I get out early from work while you’re at SA I’ll stop in on my way home. I pass every day I work. Say hi to everyone for me.

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 06:37:53 PM »

If I get out early from work while you’re at SA I’ll stop in on my way home. I pass every day I work. Say hi to everyone for me.

Mac

Henry and I were talking about hunting down some barbecue. I'll have both weekends off, January 29 and 30 and February 5 and 6.

ETA: We'll probably be at the shop until about 4:30 or so during the week days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:43:04 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Nick Andrews

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 01:34:16 PM »

Henry and I were talking about hunting down some barbecue. I'll have both weekends off, January 29 and 30 and February 5 and 6.

ETA: We'll probably be at the shop until about 4:30 or so during the week days.

If you want to take a little ride there is a Killin spot for BBQ in pearl river ny by me ... let me know if you guys want to go !

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

If you want to take a little ride there is a Killin spot for BBQ in pearl river ny by me ... let me know if you guys want to go !
Hit me up with a PM of the name and location.

Keep in mind, barbecue is serious business for me (if I wasn't an audio guy, I'd probably be a pit master), and I have high standards.  ;)
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 07:03:58 AM »

On January 26th, I head back to New York City to start shop prep for the next North American tour of Blue Man Group.

When I walk into the shop on the 27th, it will have been 684 days since we got shut down and I flew home. It seems like an eternity now. What we all though would be a short 2 week lay off quickly turned into a month, then 3 months, and then a year and now nearly two years. Hell, I was only on that tour for 8 months to begin with anyway.

We'll be at Sound Associates in Yonkers for 2 weeks, and then at the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse, New York for another 2 1/2 weeks for tech and rehearsals where we will open on February 24th. Then we launch out on a 50 city tour and play more than 140 shows between February and July. We're mostly going to be on the east coast and the rust belt, with a short run through the southern plains of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. I'm contracted through May of 2023 and the dates for the fall and next spring should be posted later this year. (I haven't been told anything about what that leg of the route is).

PA is L-Acoustics Karas and SB18 subs, with a Digico SD10T, redundant QLab systems, and tons of MIDI and timecode automation. It's supposed to be the same show as the last tour, but I expect a few changes regarding the audience participation segments.

I wish I could offer some back stage tours, or the chance to sit at FOH with me. However, because of "reasons", the company is being super strict about non company members back stage or in the FOH locations. But if you happen to come to a show, give me a shout from across the plexiglass and we can do air fives from 2 1/2 meters away. And maybe we can grab a drink or burger afterwards.

https://www.blueman.com/tour/buy-tickets

Do you know where you will be staying on Boston leg of the tour?

I should be able to swing by and pick you up for lunch sometime mid-week (I'm gigging on the weekends).
Send PM if interested.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 10:23:17 AM »

good luck we need more normal

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 05:27:13 PM »

Do you know where you will be staying on Boston leg of the tour?

I should be able to swing by and pick you up for lunch sometime mid-week (I'm gigging on the weekends).
Send PM if interested.
We're not playing Boston. We play Worcester, which is an hour or two away I think?

Also we don't have housing info that far out yet. Lol. I think Company Management is sucking wind just trying to get the first few weeks lined up. But, we're playing the Hanover Theatre, hopefully our hotels will be relatively close to the venues on this tour, unlike last time when we had to Uber or ride the bus to ever venue.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 05:27:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.