Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Guitar and Bass Players... some wildly cool preamps in stomp box format

(1/1)

Mal Brown:
I just added 3 Sushibox 12ax7 based preamps into my bass rig.  They sound great on guitar as well.   

The ones I added were the
Partical Accelerator X basically 1 channel of Showman Amp/Alembic F2B so Fender/RCa  tone stack plus Gain and Master

Slampegg X - 1 channel of the James tonestack aka modern B15 Or B25.  Does look the magic you expect from the James stack.

Space Heater - This is a boost with gain, no tone stack.

I have a Finally DI in bound.  That is essentially the Space Heater with a Lightning Boy Transformer based DI.

The signal to noise is really good and the boxes are running those 12 ax7's at high voltage.  I'm getting the nice fat and electric juicy thing I used to get from Alembic.

I'm dedicating 1 preamp channel per each of 2 basses and using the preamps to gain balance.  I select using a Radial Big Shot i/o.   

They seem to be very nicely made,  Fit and finish is spot on.
www.sushiboxefx.com

Dan Whitney:
I use a basic Live Wire Solutions DI box to get the signal to my mixer for my in-ears.  It was free and does the job for now.  I don't have a sub yet so my bass is amplified via my Rumble 500.   That being said I have been looking for something to add a little tube like warmth/grit to my amp as I don't really care for the overdrive channel on my amp.  I'll have to check these Sushi Boxes out. 

thanks for the intel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version