Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

Best 14" Laptop for AVL + IT

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Daniel Levi on January 11, 2022, 03:21:40 PM ---I looked at the DELL/HP/Lenovo options when I brought my new machine a few months ago (replaced a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 i5 13" 2-in-1) and couldn't seem to find one for a decent price with 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD, ended up going with an MSI Summit EVO 13,

--- End quote ---

No copper port. There are a billion of these types of laptops. Not the point of my review/post.

Matthias McCready:
I bought a Dell Precision laptop 3 years back, and haven't looked back. Incredible machine.

Dell Outlet regularly has pretty fantastic pricing. I got my laptop for almost 60% off of sticker price. You can stack most discounts/coupons on their site.

John L Nobile:

--- Quote from: Matthias McCready on January 12, 2022, 11:34:32 AM ---I bought a Dell Precision laptop 3 years back, and haven't looked back. Incredible machine.

Dell Outlet regularly has pretty fantastic pricing. I got my laptop for almost 60% off of sticker price. You can stack most discounts/coupons on their site.

--- End quote ---

My work desktop is a Precision. Great machine. Fast and lots of I/O ports. And I got it from Dell refurb Outlet. That's where I've gotten most of our work computers over the years. They have great sales but lately I'm not seeing stock and pricing as good as pre-Covid times. Value between new and used isn't what it used to be so I've been buying new Dells lately. But I'm seeing a lot of very long delivery dates on some models.

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Matthias McCready on January 12, 2022, 11:34:32 AM ---I bought a Dell Precision laptop 3 years back

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: John L Nobile on January 12, 2022, 12:07:30 PM ---My work desktop is a Precision. Great machine. Fast and lots of I/O ports. And I got it from Dell refurb Outlet. -snip-  Value between new and used isn't what it used to be so I've been buying new Dells lately. But I'm seeing a lot of very long delivery dates on some models.

--- End quote ---

Precision 5xxx/7xxx does not have copper NIC (current version(s))

Precision is 15/17" formfactor.

Precision 3xxx is basically the 15/17" version of latitude 5xxx 14" series.

I highly recommend the 14" class of laptops over 15/17" for everything except coding.

Thomas Le:
Ditto on Dell. My personal laptop is a used Latitude e7470 i7, FHD, 16gb ram, 500gb nvme. I'd like to get something more beefy and bit more durable if I get around to do live multitracking haha ;P

My "audio work" / "mixer configurator/controller" laptop is a used Getac V110 that is stuck on w8.1 because it BSOD's when trying to install any newer OS, but I love the compact and swivel tablet form factor...

If I were to combine, I may have to look at Lenovo...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version