ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 2022 musicians, celebrities and industry RIPs  (Read 9545 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 2022 musicians, celebrities and industry RIPs
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2022, 03:52:30 PM »

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:21:54 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"Art has always held a tenuous position between acts of subversion and status symbol collected by those who profit from the very status quo the art purports to subvert." - Stephen Colbert

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »

Mo Ostin, former president of Warner Brothers records, at 95.
"Art has always held a tenuous position between acts of subversion and status symbol collected by those who profit from the very status quo the art purports to subvert." - Stephen Colbert

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2022, 12:59:56 PM »

Friday, Aug 5, 2022
"Judith Durham, Australian folk icon behind Oscar-nominated song 'Georgy Girl,' dies at 79.
The lead singer of the Seekers was considered a "national treasure.""

https://ew.com/music/judith-durham-dead-seekers-australian-folk-singer-georgy-girl/

Durham joined the Seekers in 1963, and the group soon rose to international fame with hits such as "I'll Never Find Another You" and "The Carnival Is Over." The track "Georgy Girl" was the title song for the 1966 Lynn Redgrave film of the same name.  n March 1967, the Seekers claimed a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for their performance at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, which was attended by 200,000 people roughly one-tenth of the city's population at the time. The Seekers eventually sold 50 million records.

Durham left the group for a solo career in 1968 but returned to record with them throughout the 1990s.

"Our lives are changed forever losing our treasured lifelong friend and shining star," Keith Potger, Bruce Woodley, and Athol Guy, the surviving members of the Seekers, said in the statement, which also included a comment from Durham's sister Beverly Sheehan. "Judith's joy for life, her constant optimism, creativity, and generosity of spirit were always an inspiration to me," she said.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2022, 01:02:54 PM »

Friday, Aug 5, 2022
"Judith Durham, Australian folk icon behind Oscar-nominated song 'Georgy Girl,' dies at 79.
The lead singer of the Seekers was considered a "national treasure.""

https://ew.com/music/judith-durham-dead-seekers-australian-folk-singer-georgy-girl/

Durham joined the Seekers in 1963, and the group soon rose to international fame with hits such as "I'll Never Find Another You" and "The Carnival Is Over." The track "Georgy Girl" was the title song for the 1966 Lynn Redgrave film of the same name.  n March 1967, the Seekers claimed a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for their performance at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, which was attended by 200,000 people roughly one-tenth of the city's population at the time. The Seekers eventually sold 50 million records.

Durham left the group for a solo career in 1968 but returned to record with them throughout the 1990s.

"Our lives are changed forever losing our treasured lifelong friend and shining star," Keith Potger, Bruce Woodley, and Athol Guy, the surviving members of the Seekers, said in the statement, which also included a comment from Durham's sister Beverly Sheehan. "Judith's joy for life, her constant optimism, creativity, and generosity of spirit were always an inspiration to me," she said.

I loved her voice.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Phillips

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2022, 04:07:22 PM »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2022, 04:44:51 PM »

Olivia Newtown-John passed away.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/08/olivia-newton-john-dead-dies/

That makes me particularly sad - she had fought breast cancer for more than 30 years.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

scottstephens

« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2022, 06:49:55 PM »

Lamont Dozier, 81. Producer Songwriter. He and his brothers wrote such classics as "Baby I Need your Loving", Reach Out (I'll Be there) and Heat Wave.

When I toured with an oldies group for a few years they covered more than a few of his songs.

Scott

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA

Scott (Abrahamson)

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2022, 10:32:33 PM »

Kal David, 79. Singer/guitarist/songwriter died from pneumonia complications. His band "The Fabulous Rhinestones" was one of the best bands from the seventies that no one ever heard of. He went on to play with Johnny Rivers, John Mayall, and then his own band The Real Deal. Kal also did voice over and was the voice of Disney's Sonny Eclipse. Rest in peace Kal.

Mal Brown

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2022, 12:02:49 PM »

Kal David, 79. Singer/guitarist/songwriter died from pneumonia complications. His band "The Fabulous Rhinestones" was one of the best bands from the seventies that no one ever heard of. He went on to play with Johnny Rivers, John Mayall, and then his own band The Real Deal. Kal also did voice over and was the voice of Disney's Sonny Eclipse. Rest in peace Kal.

oh that one hurts.   I saw the Rhinestones many times.  They were fantastic.
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2022, 12:02:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.