ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley pricing  (Read 5790 times)

Phil B

Danley pricing
« on: December 31, 2021, 10:46:51 PM »

After some creative googling I managed to find a 2019 price list for Danley products. I figured I'd share it here for anyone else also struggling to obtain pricing on what seems to be really high quality products.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61cfce9c887bc/DANLEY_SOUND_LABS_2019.pdf

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Danley pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »

After some creative googling I managed to find a 2019 price list for Danley products. I figured I'd share it here for anyone else also struggling to obtain pricing on what seems to be really high quality products.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61cfce9c887bc/DANLEY_SOUND_LABS_2019.pdf

I'm truly unclear why you have a problem with contacting a dealer.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve Crump

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 05:24:45 PM »

I'm truly unclear why you have a problem with contacting a dealer.

I agree, it is confusing. Especially since he came to a forum with many dealers...doesn't get much easier.

Phil B

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 09:58:56 AM »

I agree, it is confusing. Especially since he came to a forum with many dealers...doesn't get much easier.

I guess, for a start, because it's the Christmas / New Year break and the dealer has been closed for the last while and will only open in another week. Anyway, I got the info I needed and am able to make a more informed decision now.

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 10:21:33 AM »

Retail prices by themselves are pretty useless except maybe to know that you won't pay more than that.  Some manufacturer's dealer cost is 40% below retail, others may be 60%.  Map is sometimes dealer cost plus 20% and sometimes dealer cost plus 50%.  Some brands offer incentives for dealers who sell more than others, meaning if you do enough business you can actually sell for below dealer cost and still make a healthy profit. 

In the past year, some brands have increased prices by 2% while others have gone up 20% or more.  This makes a 2019 retail price list even more useless.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Phil B

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 10:24:41 AM »

Retail prices by themselves are pretty useless except maybe to know that you won't pay more than that.  Some manufacturer's dealer cost is 40% below retail, others may be 60%.  Map is sometimes dealer cost plus 20% and sometimes dealer cost plus 50%.  Some brands offer incentives for dealers who sell more than others, meaning if you do enough business you can actually sell for below dealer cost and still make a healthy profit. 

In the past year, some brands have increased prices by 2% while others have gone up 20% or more.  This makes a 2019 retail price list even more useless.
Well it's the best I could manage to get a ballpark of what their cabinets cost. I also still need to factor in customs duties and exchange rates but at least it gives me something to work with.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 10:42:41 AM »

Well it's the best I could manage to get a ballpark of what their cabinets cost.

No its not. You could easily DM one of the many, many dealers that are on here all the time and ask for pricing. At which point they will start a conversation with you either over the phone or email and discuss your needs and wants. This is how it's done.

You seem to be bashing Danley for having some kind of cult-like business practices, but in reality all the big-boy manufacturers do it this way because it allows a certain flexibilty in pricing jobs that will keep everybody happy, and they get to control their customer satisfaction to a much higher degree.

Go find me pricing for:
D&B
L'Acoustics
Nexo
JBL VTX
EV X2
EAW
McCauley
Worx
Meyer Sound

You'll see that all of these businesses only sell speakers through a dealer network just like Danley. It's my guess that you've never heard of half of these manufacturers, yet I bet you've already heard their products and didn't know it. Because they don't advertise on facebook. They don't have anything at Guitar Center. They deal in the high end touring and install markets only, and they do that by having a great designer-integrator-dealer relationship. That's just how the world works bud. Sorry you got offended by it.

BTW, these are just the players in the US market. In the EU there are even more manufacturers that do the same thing. It's not just a US thing.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Phil B

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 11:36:34 AM »

No its not. You could easily DM one of the many, many dealers that are on here all the time and ask for pricing. At which point they will start a conversation with you either over the phone or email and discuss your needs and wants. This is how it's done.

You seem to be bashing Danley for having some kind of cult-like business practices, but in reality all the big-boy manufacturers do it this way because it allows a certain flexibilty in pricing jobs that will keep everybody happy, and they get to control their customer satisfaction to a much higher degree.

Go find me pricing for:
D&B
L'Acoustics
Nexo
JBL VTX
EV X2
EAW
McCauley
Worx
Meyer Sound

You'll see that all of these businesses only sell speakers through a dealer network just like Danley. It's my guess that you've never heard of half of these manufacturers, yet I bet you've already heard their products and didn't know it. Because they don't advertise on facebook. They don't have anything at Guitar Center. They deal in the high end touring and install markets only, and they do that by having a great designer-integrator-dealer relationship. That's just how the world works bud. Sorry you got offended by it.

BTW, these are just the players in the US market. In the EU there are even more manufacturers that do the same thing. It's not just a US thing.

Since you asked (and I've got some time to kill):

Looking at that list, it could be a USA vs rest of the world thing with the global companies being far more forthcoming with their pricing.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 12:24:09 PM »

I said D&B. Not DB Technologies

You posted some used gear websites here.

And you posted the "entry level" versions of the EAW and JBL stuff.

Sorry. I guess you still don't understand that there is a whole other level of gear available out there above this entry level stuff you posted links too.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Crump

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »

I guess, for a start, because it's the Christmas / New Year break and the dealer has been closed for the last while and will only open in another week. Anyway, I got the info I needed and am able to make a more informed decision now.

Phillip,

I understand being impatient and wanting to know, but sometimes you just have to accept the established process. It just seems from your previous posts that you are almost angry that the manufacturers don't operate like you think that they should.

And you indeed picked a busy time of year to ask for pricing. It's been a tough couple years and a lot of people will have a hard time being patient for someone wanting to argue against an established process that is not hurting anyone and seems to work for the vendors. But a post requesting Danley pricing from a dealer through a PM on this forum may have been a better approach.

Your informed decision is not really informered if the pricing isn't accurate.

DB Technoligies is not D&B by the way.

Good luck working it all out. And I hope 2022 is a good year for you.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.