Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

Column PAs

<< < (2/9) > >>

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: Phillip Boshoff on December 25, 2021, 02:24:01 PM ---My main concern is whether they'll have enough punch as the advertised SPL isn't particularly high.
--- End quote ---

You can't power your way to clarity in a highly reverbant room like this, the only two solutions that work are (lots of)room treatments or multiple speakers that are only just loud enough to be heard.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Phillip Boshoff on December 25, 2021, 01:52:24 PM ---Our church is moving into a beautiful old, but acoustically challenging, building. It's an old style stone church with a big echo. The audience zone is about 18m deep and 9m wide. Someone suggested we look at a column array (as proper line array is above our budget) and I've been intrigued, especially with HK now bringing out the 15"  elements sub.

I was wondering if anyone has done a comparison between the options, as obviously not everything is readable off of a spec sheet.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Have a look at the Danley column speakers.  The vertical pattern control is outstanding. It’s a wide horizontal pattern so it lends itself better to a center fill, at least in your situation (I think).  Model it in Danley’s prediction software. 

Renkus-Heinz also has good solutions but it’s steering, and likely pretty expensive.

Phil B:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on December 25, 2021, 03:44:17 PM ---Have a look at the Danley column speakers.  The vertical pattern control is outstanding. It’s a wide horizontal pattern so it lends itself better to a center fill, at least in your situation (I think).  Model it in Danley’s prediction software. 

Renkus-Heinz also has good solutions but it’s steering, and likely pretty expensive.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I'll definitely have a look at those. I guess I should also mention I'm in South Africa and not all the makes/models are available here.

I was just reading up about the dbTechnology ingenia series which is also pretty cool.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Phillip Boshoff on December 25, 2021, 04:01:54 PM ---Thanks. I'll definitely have a look at those. I guess I should also mention I'm in South Africa and not all the makes/models are available here.

I was just reading up about the dbTechnology ingenia series which is also pretty cool.

--- End quote ---

It looks like Danley has distribution in South Africa.  I’m sure Renkus-Heinz does also.

https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/international-danley-sales-team/

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on December 25, 2021, 03:44:17 PM ---Have a look at the Danley column speakers.  The vertical pattern control is outstanding. It’s a wide horizontal pattern so it lends itself better to a center fill, at least in your situation (I think).  Model it in Danley’s prediction software. 

--- End quote ---
I have used the Danley SBH10 and SBH20 and they are excellent sounding speakers with very good vertical pattern control.
They are not your conventional designed column speakers!
They won't fix the acoustic problem with your room but will sound better at a distance than most other speakers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version