ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Column PAs  (Read 11248 times)

Phil B

Re: Column PAs
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2021, 06:06:59 PM »

For the OP.  Phillip, without sounding condescending to your sir.  When you move into the upper echelon of professional gear the manufacturers control the access points by design.

For instance, you can only buy a new Stihl chainsaw from an authorized dealer.  No back door.  Can't buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes or eBay.  Why not?  Because Stihl wants to ensure their products are represented by knowledgeable professionals and deployed for success.

Hand an idiot the set of keys to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Hellcat, Shelby Cobra, or C8 Vette and the results will most likely be spectacular as one can see on Youtube every day.

Take a Danley system that's in an installation, if the gear is improperly setup and doesn't sound good - the box still says Danley on the side of it, or McCauley, JBL, EV, whatever.  Upper echelon manufacturers are aware of this - they aren't just interested in sales, they are interested in results.

I'm a "dog guy" and have raised German Shepherds for 45 years.  Over the years, I've gotten into the "inner circle" of working German Shepherd bloodlines.  Dogs that are capable of law enforcement and military service.  These are the high end of the working bloodlines and mainly are imports from Germany or Eastern Europe.  I guarantee you that I can buy dogs that the average Joe Blow can't get their hands on - or wouldn't even know where to go look.  These are hardcore dogs that in the wrong hands would be a disaster - for professional experienced use only.  The breeders screen the people that get their dogs, again it's not just about the sale, it's about a proper home for the dog and obtaining "results" within the bloodline.  A reputable breeder will never place a formidable dog into the hands of the inexperienced - ever.

So, talk to a Danley Rep and get a consultation - or simply go online onto Sweetwater or Guitar Center and buy some speakers and hang 'em up and hope.

And yet a quick Google search gives a ton of pricing for all of the brands you've mentioned. Nobody is speaking about backdoor buying, so I don't get what high horse you're speaking from. You can have controlled access and published pricing at the same time.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2021, 08:31:42 PM »

Good luck with your endeavor.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »

And yet a quick Google search gives a ton of pricing for all of the brands you've mentioned. Nobody is speaking about backdoor buying, so I don't get what high horse you're speaking from. You can have controlled access and published pricing at the same time.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

That’s all….
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.