Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

Column PAs

<< < (8/9) > >>

Phil B:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on December 30, 2021, 11:52:17 PM ---Well it is somewhat of a lack of transparency, but not by design of the manufacturer.  These products are for a niche market and typically not found at retail outlets.  They have dealership networks, but are visible only to those in the industry.  They don't utilize standard retail marketing which is good, because they don't compete with lower end stuff and it doesn't add to price of the product.

Hope I'm explaining this, having a bit of a struggle to articulate it.

Danley gear is the real deal high end stuff.

Look up "McCauley Sound" on a web search.  Another major league audio manufacturer that's been around for 40+ years and isn't in the mainstream.  But McCauley gear is worldwide at fixed installations and touring systems, theme parks, etc.  McCauley is a heavy hitter in the audio industry and virtually unheard of in the retail arena.

--- End quote ---
I get all of that. Still doesn't require the price to be a state secret though. Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the pricing for SBH10 and SBH20 would be?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Phillip Boshoff on December 31, 2021, 12:01:20 AM ---I get all of that. Still doesn't require the price to be a state secret though. Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the pricing for SBH10 and SBH20 would be?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

It’s hardly a state secret.  An email or phone call gets you the information you want.

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on December 31, 2021, 12:25:05 AM ---It’s hardly a state secret.  An email or phone call gets you the information you want.

--- End quote ---
Exactly, plus, they aren't building hundreds at a time, so pricing may vary a bit.  Your dealer can get you the final pricing and delivery.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on December 31, 2021, 12:25:05 AM ---It’s hardly a state secret.  An email or phone call gets you the information you want.

--- End quote ---

For the OP.  Phillip, without sounding condescending to your sir.  When you move into the upper echelon of professional gear the manufacturers control the access points by design.

For instance, you can only buy a new Stihl chainsaw from an authorized dealer.  No back door.  Can't buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes or eBay.  Why not?  Because Stihl wants to ensure their products are represented by knowledgeable professionals and deployed for success.

Hand an idiot the set of keys to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Hellcat, Shelby Cobra, or C8 Vette and the results will most likely be spectacular as one can see on Youtube every day.

Take a Danley system that's in an installation, if the gear is improperly setup and doesn't sound good - the box still says Danley on the side of it, or McCauley, JBL, EV, whatever.  Upper echelon manufacturers are aware of this - they aren't just interested in sales, they are interested in results.

I'm a "dog guy" and have raised German Shepherds for 45 years.  Over the years, I've gotten into the "inner circle" of working German Shepherd bloodlines.  Dogs that are capable of law enforcement and military service.  These are the high end of the working bloodlines and mainly are imports from Germany or Eastern Europe.  I guarantee you that I can buy dogs that the average Joe Blow can't get their hands on - or wouldn't even know where to go look.  These are hardcore dogs that in the wrong hands would be a disaster - for professional experienced use only.  The breeders screen the people that get their dogs, again it's not just about the sale, it's about a proper home for the dog and obtaining "results" within the bloodline.  A reputable breeder will never place a formidable dog into the hands of the inexperienced - ever.

So, talk to a Danley Rep and get a consultation - or simply go online onto Sweetwater or Guitar Center and buy some speakers and hang 'em up and hope.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on December 31, 2021, 04:37:09 PM ---For the OP.  Phillip, without sounding condescending to your sir.  When you move into the upper echelon of professional gear the manufacturers control the access points by design.

For instance, you can only buy a new Stihl chainsaw from an authorized dealer.  No back door.  Can't buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes or eBay.  Why not?  Because Stihl wants to ensure their products are represented by knowledgeable professionals and deployed for success.

Hand an idiot the set of keys to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Hellcat, Shelby Cobra, or C8 Vette and the results will most likely be spectacular as one can see on Youtube every day.

Take a Danley system that's in an installation, if the gear is improperly setup and doesn't sound good - the box still says Danley on the side of it, or McCauley, JBL, EV, whatever.  Upper echelon manufacturers are aware of this - they aren't just interested in sales, they are interested in results.

I'm a "dog guy" and have raised German Shepherds for 45 years.  Over the years, I've gotten into the "inner circle" of working German Shepherd bloodlines.  Dogs that are capable of law enforcement and military service.  These are the high end of the working bloodlines and mainly are imports from Germany or Eastern Europe.  I guarantee you that I can buy dogs that the average Joe Blow can't get their hands on - or wouldn't even know where to go look.  These are hardcore dogs that in the wrong hands would be a disaster - for professional experienced use only.  The breeders screen the people that get their dogs, again it's not just about the sale, it's about a proper home for the dog and obtaining "results" within the bloodline.  A reputable breeder will never place a formidable dog into the hands of the inexperienced - ever.

So, talk to a Danley Rep and get a consultation - or simply go online onto Sweetwater or Guitar Center and buy some speakers and hang 'em up and hope.

--- End quote ---

Well said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version