ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Column PAs  (Read 11053 times)

Phil B

Re: Column PAs
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2021, 03:18:08 AM »

The Danley SHB series uses a rather different method to achieve an actual single wave front.  Very interesting.
Is there any way to obtain ballpark pricing on the Danleys online? I can't find any sites that have prices.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2021, 01:18:48 PM »

Thanks for those insights.

Have you looked at any of the dB technologies Ingenia products?

I have four of the IG 4's and two if the IG 3's in my rental/production stock at this time. I recently used two IG 4's per side over two S 30N's for an outdoor event to cover about 1,000 people with a blues band and a 9-piece variety band with horns.  They worked beautifully!  when they are stacked two high and IR coupled, they have some digital steering settings that work well, and with a "line source" of about 2 m, there is good vertical control of the low-mid to mid-highs.  If this is what you are leaning towards, I think you will find several forum members that really like and use this product.  As always it is tool and used in the right situation it works well.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »

Is there any way to obtain ballpark pricing on the Danleys online? I can't find any sites that have prices.

It's a dealer only thing.  Mike Pyle here in Nor Cal.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Phil B

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2021, 11:42:34 PM »

It's a dealer only thing.  Mike Pyle here in Nor Cal.
Even the dealer sites don't have pricing. Puts up big red flags for me when there is secrecy / lack of transparency around a product.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2021, 11:52:17 PM »

Even the dealer sites don't have pricing. Puts up big red flags for me when there is secrecy / lack of transparency around a product.

Well it is somewhat of a lack of transparency, but not by design of the manufacturer.  These products are for a niche market and typically not found at retail outlets.  They have dealership networks, but are visible only to those in the industry.  They don't utilize standard retail marketing which is good, because they don't compete with lower end stuff and it doesn't add to price of the product.

Hope I'm explaining this, having a bit of a struggle to articulate it.

Danley gear is the real deal high end stuff.

Look up "McCauley Sound" on a web search.  Another major league audio manufacturer that's been around for ~40 years and isn't in the mainstream.  But McCauley gear is worldwide at fixed installations and touring systems, theme parks, etc.  McCauley is a heavy hitter in the audio industry and virtually unheard of in the retail arena.

http://www.mccauleysound.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:58:54 PM by Steve-White »

Phil B

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »

Well it is somewhat of a lack of transparency, but not by design of the manufacturer.  These products are for a niche market and typically not found at retail outlets.  They have dealership networks, but are visible only to those in the industry.  They don't utilize standard retail marketing which is good, because they don't compete with lower end stuff and it doesn't add to price of the product.

Hope I'm explaining this, having a bit of a struggle to articulate it.

Danley gear is the real deal high end stuff.

Look up "McCauley Sound" on a web search.  Another major league audio manufacturer that's been around for 40+ years and isn't in the mainstream.  But McCauley gear is worldwide at fixed installations and touring systems, theme parks, etc.  McCauley is a heavy hitter in the audio industry and virtually unheard of in the retail arena.
I get all of that. Still doesn't require the price to be a state secret though. Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the pricing for SBH10 and SBH20 would be?

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2021, 12:25:05 AM »

I get all of that. Still doesn't require the price to be a state secret though. Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the pricing for SBH10 and SBH20 would be?

It’s hardly a state secret.  An email or phone call gets you the information you want.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2021, 03:54:09 PM »

It’s hardly a state secret.  An email or phone call gets you the information you want.
Exactly, plus, they aren't building hundreds at a time, so pricing may vary a bit.  Your dealer can get you the final pricing and delivery.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2021, 04:37:09 PM »

For the OP.  Phillip, without sounding condescending to your sir.  When you move into the upper echelon of professional gear the manufacturers control the access points by design.

For instance, you can only buy a new Stihl chainsaw from an authorized dealer.  No back door.  Can't buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes or eBay.  Why not?  Because Stihl wants to ensure their products are represented by knowledgeable professionals and deployed for success.

Hand an idiot the set of keys to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Hellcat, Shelby Cobra, or C8 Vette and the results will most likely be spectacular as one can see on Youtube every day.

Take a Danley system that's in an installation, if the gear is improperly setup and doesn't sound good - the box still says Danley on the side of it, or McCauley, JBL, EV, whatever.  Upper echelon manufacturers are aware of this - they aren't just interested in sales, they are interested in results.

I'm a "dog guy" and have raised German Shepherds for 45 years.  Over the years, I've gotten into the "inner circle" of working German Shepherd bloodlines.  Dogs that are capable of law enforcement and military service.  These are the high end of the working bloodlines and mainly are imports from Germany or Eastern Europe.  I guarantee you that I can buy dogs that the average Joe Blow can't get their hands on - or wouldn't even know where to go look.  These are hardcore dogs that in the wrong hands would be a disaster - for professional experienced use only.  The breeders screen the people that get their dogs, again it's not just about the sale, it's about a proper home for the dog and obtaining "results" within the bloodline.  A reputable breeder will never place a formidable dog into the hands of the inexperienced - ever.

So, talk to a Danley Rep and get a consultation - or simply go online onto Sweetwater or Guitar Center and buy some speakers and hang 'em up and hope.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:39:51 PM by Steve-White »

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »

For the OP.  Phillip, without sounding condescending to your sir.  When you move into the upper echelon of professional gear the manufacturers control the access points by design.

For instance, you can only buy a new Stihl chainsaw from an authorized dealer.  No back door.  Can't buy a new one at Home Depot or Lowes or eBay.  Why not?  Because Stihl wants to ensure their products are represented by knowledgeable professionals and deployed for success.

Hand an idiot the set of keys to a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Hellcat, Shelby Cobra, or C8 Vette and the results will most likely be spectacular as one can see on Youtube every day.

Take a Danley system that's in an installation, if the gear is improperly setup and doesn't sound good - the box still says Danley on the side of it, or McCauley, JBL, EV, whatever.  Upper echelon manufacturers are aware of this - they aren't just interested in sales, they are interested in results.

I'm a "dog guy" and have raised German Shepherds for 45 years.  Over the years, I've gotten into the "inner circle" of working German Shepherd bloodlines.  Dogs that are capable of law enforcement and military service.  These are the high end of the working bloodlines and mainly are imports from Germany or Eastern Europe.  I guarantee you that I can buy dogs that the average Joe Blow can't get their hands on - or wouldn't even know where to go look.  These are hardcore dogs that in the wrong hands would be a disaster - for professional experienced use only.  The breeders screen the people that get their dogs, again it's not just about the sale, it's about a proper home for the dog and obtaining "results" within the bloodline.  A reputable breeder will never place a formidable dog into the hands of the inexperienced - ever.

So, talk to a Danley Rep and get a consultation - or simply go online onto Sweetwater or Guitar Center and buy some speakers and hang 'em up and hope.

Well said.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.