ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Colorsource 20 Console-- Now a Quick Q 20  (Read 7233 times)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Re: ETC Colorsource 20 Console
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 02:13:56 AM »

Bit late to the party but the Light Shark LS-1 might be worth a look.

John Fruits

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 11:26:39 AM »

Hmmmm, I wonder if the LightShark is available in the US?  At one time they were distributed by Blizzard and then Equipson had a dealer rep in the US. 
https://www.lightshark.es/
At the last pre-covid LDI they had lots of new products.
It's interesting in that it is a browser based unit.  It can work with older Ipads if they have Safari.  There is also the option of using it with a Chromebook, perhaps a touchscreen version to keep costs down.  The nodes add a lot of flexibility to the system.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 05:13:42 PM »

The LightShark is available in the US through Gamma LED Vision www.gammaledvision.com.  They have a US rep network. It's an interesting product, but I found the QuickQ easier to learn and use. That will vary with the individual.  The LightShark supports 4 DMX universes.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2022, 05:19:05 PM »

The LightShark is available in the US through Gamma LED Vision www.gammaledvision.com.  They have a US rep network. It's an interesting product, but I found the QuickQ easier to learn and use. That will vary with the individual.  The LightShark supports 4 DMX universes.

The LS-1 has 2 universes available directly  from the back of the desk but up to 8 via Artnet or sACN.
:)

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2022, 05:25:20 PM »

The LS-1 has 2 universes available directly  from the back of the desk but up to 8 via Artnet or sACN.
:)
Johnathan, you are correct.  I was on the web page and discovered my mistake.  There is a "wing" that can be added and new accessories I was not aware of when Blizzard distributed the product.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 05:59:48 PM »

Johnathan, you are correct.  I was on the web page and discovered my mistake.  There is a "wing" that can be added and new accessories I was not aware of when Blizzard distributed the product.

Yes they have also recently done a major upgrade on the FX engine, which was an area that a lot of lighting people felt was lacking.
It's by no means a MA2/3 or similar but it's a fraction of the price (have heard one lighting conversation suggest that it could be the x32 of lighting desks if more people gave it a go).

John Fruits

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 06:29:07 PM »

Thanks, this is good to know. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Robert Healey

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 11:02:24 AM »

I find that people who have never used a lighting system before (drama teacher with an acting background, for example, or students) find the Colorsource fairly intuitive and easy to get decent looks. People who have experience with lighting including last generation boards like the ETC Express find it limiting. It is a big step up from a Smartfade.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 06:03:30 PM »

Update: Ordered the Chamsys QuickQ20. I think it's going to do what I need. Anyone interested in a Smartfade ML in a Pelican case?

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Quick Q20
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:16 AM »

Update: Ordered the Chamsys QuickQ20. I think it's going to do what I need. Anyone interested in a Smartfade ML in a Pelican case?

So after three months wait the Chamsys is here. Ive had it since Friday and I'm up and running with the show I usually provide programmed and ready to run. The console is really well built and the touch screen and remote access are really thought out features. I'm having one small issue with GOBO operation but that's not a show stopper and their support is already on it. I'll post some more once its in the field.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:30:11 AM by Kemper Watson »

ProSoundWeb Community

Quick Q20
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:16 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.