ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam HS-P82 question  (Read 1527 times)

Gallerytech

Tascam HS-P82 question
« on: December 08, 2021, 05:24:28 AM »

Hello,

I'm managing a video installation in an art gallery. I have a limited amount of AV knowledge, and am slightly confused by one issue: The artist wants to use a Tascam HS-P82 eight-track field recorder to output mixed 5.1 audio. The field recorder will also serve as master playback with the media server for video slaved to it via a Rosendahl MIF4 timecode interface.

https://tascam.com/us/product/hs-p82/top

We have two x Audac DPA154 amps and a 5.1 Tannoy speaker system ready to playback the audio.

My question is - how will we get 6 discreet channels of audio out of the Tascam HS-P82? It has only one pair of stereo xlr outputs but 8 AES/EBU inputs and outputs via a DB-25 connector. Can I simply use a DB-25 to eight xlr loom plugged into the amps? Or is this a digital output only?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber