ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Original JBL SRX still being manufactured??  (Read 4140 times)

Jim Layton

Original JBL SRX still being manufactured??
« on: December 07, 2021, 07:48:24 PM »

I think I recall reading here, several years ago, that if your order is large enough, JBL will build SRXs for you. Is that still true? I see this vendor selling them as new, with warranty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362813484729
Between Allentown & Philadelphia

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Re: Original JBL SRX still being manufactured??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »

Years ago JBL had a "Custom Shop" that would build older models, but I thought they came with a "CS" part number.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Jim Layton

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:37:39 AM »

Years ago JBL had a "Custom Shop" that would build older models, but I thought they came with a "CS" part number.

I called JBL Tech and asked if they still made SRX for a custom orders and the guy said No. I tried to find any reviews of Trueheart and there are zero good or bad online. Some older messages on here said they used the company and had a good experiences.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »

I called JBL Tech and asked if they still made SRX for a custom orders and the guy said No. I tried to find any reviews of Trueheart and there are zero good or bad online. Some older messages on here said they used the company and had a good experiences.

True Heart Sound (aka DJ Monty) has been around for quite some time, as their eBay feedback shows.  I believe they are a Harman dealer, and also deal in a massive amount of liquidated equipment from the major production houses in the NYC metro area (PRG, Masque, VER, etc), as well as in FL now it seems.  I've purchased used equipment from them before and never had an issue with customer service or a return the one time it was needed.  So if your base question is actually "are those real?" then the answer is likely yes.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 12:32:00 PM »

For several years after the SRX700 series was EOL'd it was common for a batch of 712M or 728 to be "found in a warehouse".  If you had good friends that were major Harman dealers, on good terms with the regional rep, sometimes a whisper of purchase desire might result in some being found several weeks later.  *That* ended around 6 years ago.

JBL is one of the many brands being counterfeited in China... I have no reason to think True Heart is participating but suggest that all buyers of NOS JBL loudspeakers to ask for pics of actual product (not JBLs cut sheet pics) and product packaging before committing to purchase.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 01:53:17 PM »

I've bought and sold used gear a few times with 'DJ Monty' over the years he seemed very straight forward. All transactions went smoothly but none in say the last five years. Unsolicited plug, I'm going to be selling 50+ pieces of used SRX and VRX speakers after the start of the new year.

Jim Layton

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 02:04:07 PM »

I've bought and sold used gear a few times with 'DJ Monty' over the years he seemed very straight forward. All transactions went smoothly but none in say the last five years. Unsolicited plug, I'm going to be selling 50+ pieces of used SRX and VRX speakers after the start of the new year.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Answered all my questions!

Dave Guilford

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 09:02:16 PM »

Sending a PM !

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 01:54:30 PM »

Another Dave sending a PM !

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »

Not a Dave, but a Will sending a PM !!   ;)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.