Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Backline rentals SOP?

(1/2) > >>

Tim Hite:
Just got this from a client:
"The venue will handle the certificate of insurance coverage aspect if we decide to rent your backline.  SOP for event subrental."

Not sure how I feel about clients telling me how to run my business or dictating terms on what amounts to a $150 invoice for some rather expensive gear. Whenever I've cross rented backline, I've signed up for the insurance as the provider and covered it under my production agreement with the band/venue/client.

Any thoughts?

Lee Douglas:
Sounds like a client with history of being rough on back line equipment and, whether they know it or not, it sounds like they've decided for you that they won't be using your back line.

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: Tim Hite on December 07, 2021, 12:07:14 AM ---Just got this from a client:
"The venue will handle the certificate of insurance coverage aspect if we decide to rent your backline.  SOP for event subrental."
--- End quote ---

Maybe I'm misreading that, but it just sounds like they're openly willing to provide you with a COI should they rent your gear.  In our case, we require them if we are not sending staffing along with an equipment package, so that's a good thing (also being named on the COI as additionally insured, loss payee, etc). 

It doesn't seem nefarious from where I sit.

Jerome Malsack:
I would almost consider that a scam artist.  venue is responsible for covering insurance ??  verify with the venue and get a poc who is responsible to protect and return.

Tim Hite:

--- Quote from: Brian Bolly on December 07, 2021, 08:01:22 AM ---Maybe I'm misreading that, but it just sounds like they're openly willing to provide you with a COI should they rent your gear.  In our case, we require them if we are not sending staffing along with an equipment package, so that's a good thing (also being named on the COI as additionally insured, loss payee, etc). 

It doesn't seem nefarious from where I sit.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, maybe I was reading it wrong.

This is just for a last minute backline rental to another provider whom I haven't worked with before. Still, I'd expect a COI to come from the person booking the rental and not a third party. Seems like a recipe for disaster. Time to call the insurance agent I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version