Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Bose Sub1 or RCF 702?

<< < (2/2)

Richard Penrose:
I’ve had a number of people recommend the FBT Subline 112sa. These people have also both heard and used the RCF 702as and say the FBT out performs and sounds better than the RCF?

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on December 05, 2021, 04:55:58 PM ---I’ve had a number of people recommend the FBT Subline 112sa. These people have also both heard and used the RCF 702as and say the FBT out performs and sounds better than the RCF?

--- End quote ---

I prefer the yellow mustard in the plastic barrell over Heinz.

Where are you going with this?  Likely no one has heard the Bose thing.  Even if you had one, where do you get a recone performed?

Pros here have been generous with their time.  You should consider wasting less of it.

Tom Simenauer:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on December 03, 2021, 06:13:52 PM ---Hi,

I’m looking for a pair of very lightweight sub for live bands and am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the Bose Sub1 and RCF702?

What are your thoughts/experiences with these subs?

--- End quote ---

I am also looking at the Bose subs as they are light weight and very easy to carry. I have 2 Bose B2's that I have been using for 11 years, but they are passive and must be used with the L1 towers.
The Bose subs are very easy to walk with with the handles on the top.
I'd say if you can afford it, go for the Sub1's bigger brother the Sub2 if you are doing the sound for live bands. It will give you much more headroom and mean you can do the sound for bigger rooms without needing extra Subs.
But maybe you know you will be only doing smallish gigs?

Tom Simenauer:

--- Quote from: Richard Penrose on December 05, 2021, 04:55:58 PM ---I’ve had a number of people recommend the FBT Subline 112sa. These people have also both heard and used the RCF 702as and say the FBT out performs and sounds better than the RCF?

--- End quote ---
A seasoned pro I used to drum for uses 2 FBT Subline 112sa for his smaller corporate gigs, with bass and kick going through them. He is delighted with them power/weight ratio.
I'm looking at the FBT Subline 115sa's or Bose Sub2's for my next subs. Both light weight, the Bose much easier to carry.

Richard Penrose:

--- Quote from: Tom Simenauer on February 23, 2022, 05:36:50 PM ---A seasoned pro I used to drum for uses 2 FBT Subline 112sa for his smaller corporate gigs, with bass and kick going through them. He is delighted with them power/weight ratio.
I'm looking at the FBT Subline 115sa's or Bose Sub2's for my next subs. Both light weight, the Bose much easier to carry.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Tom! Yes from what I understand, the FBT Subline 112sa work well for this. After speaking with a couple of people who have used the FBT Subline 112sa, RCF 702asII and Bose S1, they said the FBT outperforms the RCF and has a different sound to the Bose Sub1. The Bose apparently sounds a little deeper but doesn’t have as much punch as the FBT and sounds softer.

Regarding size of PA I need I will mainly be doing events where I’ll just be running keys, bass and vocals through the system. The music will mainly be jazz and light acoustic music.
At the moment, I’m using a single pair of Yamaha DXR15’s for this which are working well but are getting too heavy for me to be lifting onto tripods on a regular basis. As a result I am looking for a small system (10” tops, 12” subs) that can at least match the performance of the DXR15’s whilst the subs don’t exceed the weight of the DXR15’s (as much as I can carry long distances where I can’t use a trolley).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version