Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Is this DriveRack needed?

(1/3) > >>

Curtis McGill:
Our church is running a pair of Bose F1 812 speaker/sub combos into a DriveRack. We have a Compact X32 board. We are running mono. Our room is 36' wide by 50' deep and the ceiling starts at 9' angling up to 13' down the middle. The speakers are sitting on the front corners of the platform (they are just outside of the attached picture).

My question is this: do we really need the DriveRack? I didn't set things up and no one here knows anything about it. What would be the pros and cons of keeping it or not using it. I don't know enough to just go messing around if I have to put it back.

Thanks!

Mike Caldwell:
The Drive Rack may be left over from the system that used the center speaker in the picture.
Actually is that center hung speaker still being used?

All of the processing is built into the speakers but having the main system room EQ take place outside of the mixer and locked down is not a bad thing.

What model Drive Rack is it?

Curtis McGill:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on November 27, 2021, 06:53:37 PM ---The Drive Rack may be left over from the system that used the center speaker in the picture.

All of the processing is built into the speakers but having the main system room EQ take place outside of the mixer and locked down is not a bad thing.

--- End quote ---

I believe the DriveRack was put in with the current system. I don't know if it was used prior to this system.

The center speaker is not being used. It was just never taken down.

I believe it is the PA2 but I will have to check tomorrow.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on November 27, 2021, 06:53:37 PM ---The Drive Rack may be left over from the system that used the center speaker in the picture.

--- End quote ---

With many sets of hands on things they may or may not understand it's probably a very good thing - probably why it's there.

Mike Caldwell:
The PA2 is not so bad and has good remote app interface.
Has the new system been set using the PA2?

What was the issue with one central hung speaker.

You mentioned the F1 speakers were at the outside edge of the picture, putting speakers
like the F1 that have a very wide horizontal coverage pattern beside a wall is not best thing to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version