ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Subs moving.  (Read 2953 times)

Al Rettich

Subs moving.
« on: November 27, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »

During the summer, we put our subs on 2x4’s to get them off the ground in case of rain.  These 2x4’s have the non slide mat glued to them.  But they still decide to walk.  I was just wondering if there was anything any of you have come up with that you might want to share??

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Subs moving.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 10:47:00 AM »

Ratchet straps cure all sorts of ills.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 10:50:16 AM »

During the summer, we put our subs on 2x4’s to get them off the ground in case of rain.  These 2x4’s have the non slide mat glued to them.  But they still decide to walk.  I was just wondering if there was anything any of you have come up with that you might want to share??

I would start saving up for their college tuition; I hear that comes only a few short years after they start walking....
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »

What's walking?  Is it the subs walking on the 2X4, or is it the 2X4 moving on the ground?

If the issue is with the sub sliding around, creating pockets in the 2X4 for the sub feet to settle into is cheap and easy.

Second step that works amazing is velcro.  If you still have Rat Fur subs, you can just put the pointy side of velcro on the 2X4 and it'll stick right into place no problem.  Otherwise putting velcro points on other subs is pretty easy to do.  I actually use that to attach the caster boards to my subs as well. Holds well enough to keep the board in place, but easy to remove and get out of the way when needed.
Brian Jojade

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 06:47:19 AM »

lifting weights or sand bags on top.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 12:07:15 PM »

Ratchet straps cure all sorts of ills.

Also consider adding I-bolts or connection holes in the 2x4's.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »

Subs will wander due to insufficient friction.  One of the products I've used are the rubberized, woven non-slip pads for area rugs.  If you strap multiple subs together it can help... I had https://ratchetstraps.com  make custom length, 'endless' straps with black seat belt webbing.  They've got a 14% off Black Friday coupon (hint).  No affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer...

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »

Home Depot or Lowes. Kitchen section: Industrial premium grip, come in rolls. I’ve used this method hundreds of times on All hard surfaces and it works great.

Search for: Industrial Premium Grip 22.5 in. x 86 in. Black Thick Grip Non-Adhesive Drawer and Shelf Liner. Cut to size and your good to go.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 06:27:04 PM »

Yoga matts
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 07:01:34 PM »

Home Depot or Lowes. Kitchen section: Industrial premium grip, come in rolls. I’ve used this method hundreds of times on All hard surfaces and it works great.

Search for: Industrial Premium Grip 22.5 in. x 86 in. Black Thick Grip Non-Adhesive Drawer and Shelf Liner. Cut to size and your good to go.

I'l'l second this stuff, used between tops and subs it almost welds them together, but ones away with no residue.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 07:01:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.