Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Subs moving.

(1/4) > >>

Al Rettich:
During the summer, we put our subs on 2x4ís to get them off the ground in case of rain.  These 2x4ís have the non slide mat glued to them.  But they still decide to walk.  I was just wondering if there was anything any of you have come up with that you might want to share??

Riley Casey:
Ratchet straps cure all sorts of ills.

Matthias McCready:

--- Quote from: Al Rettich on November 27, 2021, 09:56:17 AM ---During the summer, we put our subs on 2x4ís to get them off the ground in case of rain.  These 2x4ís have the non slide mat glued to them.  But they still decide to walk.  I was just wondering if there was anything any of you have come up with that you might want to share??

--- End quote ---

I would start saving up for their college tuition; I hear that comes only a few short years after they start walking....

Brian Jojade:
What's walking?  Is it the subs walking on the 2X4, or is it the 2X4 moving on the ground?

If the issue is with the sub sliding around, creating pockets in the 2X4 for the sub feet to settle into is cheap and easy.

Second step that works amazing is velcro.  If you still have Rat Fur subs, you can just put the pointy side of velcro on the 2X4 and it'll stick right into place no problem.  Otherwise putting velcro points on other subs is pretty easy to do.  I actually use that to attach the caster boards to my subs as well. Holds well enough to keep the board in place, but easy to remove and get out of the way when needed.

Jeff Bankston:
lifting weights or sand bags on top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version