Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Alto Stealth Wireless/Wireless Speaker Alternatives?

(1/2) > >>

Douglas Cyr:
Hello,

I've used the alto stealth wireless before, but are there any other alternatives that I should be looking at? I'm not familiar with anything besides the Alto. Something less thN $300 would be ideal, it would be for an install to avoid a long cable run.

Tim Halligan:

--- Quote from: Douglas Cyr on November 26, 2021, 09:55:01 PM ---...it would be for an install to avoid a long cable run.

--- End quote ---

For a permanent install?

Run the cable.

I'd only consider wireless for gigs where you are setting up and tearing down every time.

Cheers,
Tim

Mike Caldwell:
If this is for remote speakers that you can't effectively run cables to at a show or event
you want something better for the wireless link.

Look at a IEM system, then when needed you have an IEM system as well.
I have some of the older Sennheiser G2 series IEM systems and use them
almost as much for remote audio links as I do for actual IEM use.

The Sennheiser IEM's will work with their wireless mic receivers if you want
an AC powered receiver at the speaker end.
Also if using wireless mic receivers you can put up remote antennas and
get some extended range.

Mal Brown:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on November 27, 2021, 09:01:01 AM ---If this is for remote speakers that you can't effectively run cables to at a show or event
you want something better for the wireless link.

Look at a IEM system, then when needed you have an IEM system as well.
I have some of the older Sennheiser G2 series IEM systems and use them
almost as much for remote audio links as I do for actual IEM use.

The Sennheiser IEM's will work with their wireless mic receivers if you want
an AC powered receiver at the speaker end.
Also if using wireless mic receivers you can put up remote antennas and
get some extended range.

--- End quote ---

Mike, If I understand this correctly you put a wireless mic receiver at the speaker and and IEM transmitter at the board/broadcast position ?

Is there a way to cable the IEM body pack to a powered speaker or remote rack input ?  I'm just assuming this isn't an off the self cable...  with a body back, do you have to perform some mod to get line level ?  or ...

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Mal Brown on November 27, 2021, 11:07:46 AM ---
Mike, If I understand this correctly you put a wireless mic receiver at the speaker and and IEM transmitter at the board/broadcast position ?

Is there a way to cable the IEM body pack to a powered speaker or remote rack input ?  I'm just assuming this isn't an off the self cable...  with a body back, do you have to perform some mod to get line level ?  or ...

--- End quote ---

Yes an IEM transmitter at the board or where the audio feed is coming from.

If I'm using a wireless mic receiver at the speaker / remote audio destination that will have
an XLR output.

If I'm using a IEM belt pack at the speaker I just made up a 3.5mm TRS breaking out into two mono 1/4 inch jacks and plug one of them in the speaker input.

In my case the belt pack fits in the top handle pocket on the speaker.
Generally where the remote speakers are there is power handy but no clean way to run a cable back to the mixer / audio source.
Many times even with the speaker plugged in I'll still use the IEM battery powered belt pack
for the quick clean set up, battery life normally is not an issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version