ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: db tech Ingenia IG3T  (Read 633 times)

Mal Brown

db tech Ingenia IG3T
« on: November 23, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »

Just arrived courtesy of Mr Pyle (Thanks Mike!  another stellar transaction as usual)  So, it's raining cats and dogs so no high volume testing.  I set one each on top of a dzr-315 as mid field monitors.  Holy cow do these sound nice!   The imaging is fantastic with program.  I listened to a couple of cd's where I like the production values,  Steely Dan,  2 against nature and Roseann Cash Black Cadillac.

I lpf'ed starting just over 10k - that horn can sizzle.  Seemed to my the box is solid to 80 and is hanging in well in the mid 50's.   I put some bass guitar through them and they sounded very good.

Really impressed with the audio quality of these.  Not sure about volume yet but these are a large step up from my DSr-12's in audio quality terms - at least as stereo.  I'll run them as mains on a louder than lounge date Saturday eve.
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
Re: db tech Ingenia IG3T
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »

when it stops raining... get them outside and push them both!!!!

I'd like to see a detailed comparison between the DZR315 and IG3T; both are on my short list to demo for the next upgrade.

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 02:22:18 PM »

when it stops raining... get them outside and push them both!!!!

I'd like to see a detailed comparison between the DZR315 and IG3T; both are on my short list to demo for the next upgrade.
Glad you like them we have 4 and they are our go to speaker on a stick. I'm taking 2 along with 2 subs to do a stage at a Christmas Fayre  this weekend.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »

Just arrived courtesy of Mr Pyle (Thanks Mike!  another stellar transaction as usual)  So, it's raining cats and dogs so no high volume testing.  I set one each on top of a dzr-315 as mid field monitors.  Holy cow do these sound nice!   The imaging is fantastic with program.  I listened to a couple of cd's where I like the production values,  Steely Dan,  2 against nature and Roseann Cash Black Cadillac.

I lpf'ed starting just over 10k - that horn can sizzle.  Seemed to my the box is solid to 80 and is hanging in well in the mid 50's.   I put some bass guitar through them and they sounded very good.

Really impressed with the audio quality of these.  Not sure about volume yet but these are a large step up from my DSr-12's in audio quality terms - at least as stereo.  I'll run them as mains on a louder than lounge date Saturday eve.

One thing I noticed with my IG4T's and even my IG2T's is the clarity is good enough that they are louder than they may seem. Go easy at first and take the time get used to the volume/clarity they put out. A post gig report with pictures are of course required ;-).

Douglas R. Allen

Mal Brown

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 12:07:02 PM »

Last nights gig was a blast.  I didn't get out front to hear much but what I did hear I liked.  I had to move the hpf up on the acoustic guitar from whet I was using with DSr-112's so the IG3T's are putting out a lot more low end.  My lady lead slacker went out front to listen whilst we jammed through a few things as a trio.  She was impressed.  So far so good.  Now I need weather for a shoot out.

My guess is that 1 DZR will outperform 1 IG3T but not by much.  Which means to me that 4 IG3Ts will be sweet...
Bass player, sound guy.
Fb Gorge Sound and Light
WillyandNelson.com

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »

Now I need weather for a shoot out.

I've got some room in my shop if they need to winter over someplace with nice weather.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.