Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Does anyone know how to use provisionaire touch with Yamaha DZR15-D speakers??

(1/3) > >>

Kevin_Tisdall:
I have 2 dzr15-d speakers connected to a WiFi AP via the Ethernet ports. Using iPad to AP with provisionaire touch.  Have set speakers (on panel) to device 01 and 02.  I can add dzr-d device to PV by device I’d but they never seem to be found or there is no indication of that.   

I want to control the speaker panel settings remotely.  This is supposed to do that.  How?

—Kevin

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Kevin_Tisdall on November 19, 2021, 05:33:49 PM ---I have 2 dzr15-d speakers connected to a WiFi AP via the Ethernet ports. Using iPad to AP with provisionaire touch.  Have set speakers (on panel) to device 01 and 02.  I can add dzr-d device to PV by device I’d but they never seem to be found or there is no indication of that.   

I want to control the speaker panel settings remotely.  This is supposed to do that.  How?

--- End quote ---

Are the IP addresses of the speakers and the iPad in the same subnet?

-Russ

Kevin_Tisdall:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on November 19, 2021, 07:25:30 PM ---Are the IP addresses of the speakers and the iPad in the same subnet?

-Russ

--- End quote ---

Ok you missed that the speakers can be defined/identified by “ID” which I presume translates to MAC address.  My speakers are ID 01 and 02.   I think all this operates at layer 2 so up address not needed.

I did find to my great surprise that the iPad is indeed controlling the eq.  I set a button to control eq on/off and it worked. So there are 6 eq bands.  I set four faders to control cut boost, Q, frequency, and type of eq.  Those work also.  Clumsy but working.  So for 6 eq bands I’ll have 24 faders.  Very clumsy.

At the moment I can’t figure out how to label the buttons or faders.  I can set text on and color and font.  But I never get a box to type a label into.

Why Yamaha doesn’t supply canned control screens for the various devices is a mystery.

—Kevin

Russell Ault:

--- Quote from: Kevin_Tisdall on November 19, 2021, 08:03:33 PM ---Ok you missed that the speakers can be defined/identified by “ID” which I presume translates to MAC address.  My speakers are ID 01 and 02.   I think all this operates at layer 2 so up address not needed. {...}

--- End quote ---

I'm glad it's working for you, but I would be shocked if it wasn't IP-based. Yamaha device IDs typically do not correlate to MAC addresses, if for no other reason than that, on most devices, MAC addresses are basically immutable. Writing software that works without the benefit of an IP stack tends to be quite a bit more difficult (particularly if there are firewalls involved, which there inevitably are) while providing few benefits; I'm not even sure it's possible on a locked-down platform like iOS. Moreover, the "Registering devices to control" section of the ProVisionaire Touch Setup Guide (starting on page 66) specifically refers to matching units by IP address.

-Russ

Kevin_Tisdall:

--- Quote from: Russell Ault on November 19, 2021, 09:25:03 PM ---I'm glad it's working for you, but I would be shocked if it wasn't IP-based. Yamaha device IDs typically do not correlate to MAC addresses, if for no other reason than that, on most devices, MAC addresses are basically immutable. Writing software that works without the benefit of an IP stack tends to be quite a bit more difficult (particularly if there are firewalls involved, which there inevitably are) while providing few benefits; I'm not even sure it's possible on a locked-down platform like iOS. Moreover, the "Registering devices to control" section of the ProVisionaire Touch Setup Guide (starting on page 66) specifically refers to matching units by IP address.

-Russ

So it does seem to work without it address.  Very hard to make a manu that works in place of the control panel.   At the moment I can’t figure out how to text label the buttons and faders.  But they do work.

—Kevin

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version