ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freespeak 2 Antenna unexpected Freak out  (Read 1296 times)

Andrew Morton

Freespeak 2 Antenna unexpected Freak out
« on: November 11, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »

I've been working a show with (5) 1.9Ghz FS2 antennas for the last 3 days with no issue and out of nowhere my antennas freaked out and go offline mid show. The antennas are ground supported and have been working great up to this point. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm working the Georgia world Congress center Building A (A1-A2). And the base station and antennas are using the most current firmware. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Freespeak 2 Antenna unexpected Freak out
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 07:24:50 PM »

I've been working a show with (5) 1.9Ghz FS2 antennas for the last 3 days with no issue and out of nowhere my antennas freaked out and go offline mid show. The antennas are ground supported and have been working great up to this point. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm working the Georgia world Congress center Building A (A1-A2). And the base station and antennas are using the most current firmware. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you're running a standard FSII base, check the antenna splitter to ensure it's not losing power and/or connectivity, as well as DIP switch settings. If you're running a matrix frame and all the antennas are connected to one card, ensure the card is seated properly and not loose.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 07:27:09 PM by Henry Cohen »
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Andrew Morton

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 07:47:06 PM »

If you're running a standard FSII base, check the antenna splitter to ensure it's not losing power and/or connectivity, as well as DIP switch settings. If you're running a matrix frame and all the antennas are connected to one card, ensure the card is seated properly and not loose.

Henry,

Its a standard FS2 base and the splitter and its power supply remained lit up the entire time. I checked the connection at the splitter and its plug to make sure they were fully seated. The splitter and the power supply are velcroed in place to reduce movement in the rack. I will check the dip switches when I get to a stopping point, but I doubt they have been changed since the rack was built.

Thanks!

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »

Henry,

Its a standard FS2 base and the splitter and its power supply remained lit up the entire time. I checked the connection at the splitter and its plug to make sure they were fully seated. The splitter and the power supply are velcroed in place to reduce movement in the rack. I will check the dip switches when I get to a stopping point, but I doubt they have been changed since the rack was built.

Then depending how you define "freak out", there may be a co-located Bolero system with all transceivers set to highest power or a building DAS carrying PCS block A turned up to 11.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Andrew Morton

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 11:05:05 PM »

Then depending how you define "freak out", there may be a co-located Bolero system with all transceivers set to highest power or a building DAS carrying PCS block A turned up to 11.

Henry,

Apologies for the proper description, by "freak out" I meant my antennas were randomly cycling on and offline. That's entirely possible scenario but I think it might go back to your original thought of the splitter and the power supply after our show finished for the night I was able to rip open the rack and get at the collar of the power connection for the splitter. When I went to reseat it there was some play in it so that might have been the culprit.

Thanks for the responses I appreciate it!

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 06:33:22 AM »

Are the antennas powered locally? Can they be if they are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Andrew Morton

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

Are the antennas powered locally? Can they be if they are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

David, They can be locally powered but I didn't on this occasion and in hind sight that would have mitigated the issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.