Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Multiple projectors/video mapping

(1/1)

Stephen Swaffer:
We have been using a TripleHeadtGo by Matrox for a couple of years-but we always fight making it work with newer Apple products-specifically a new Mac mini.  It seems like there ae do drivers for the new iOS's-post Snow Leopard

What are people using for multiple displays?  Has this become a Windows/PC world?

Jordan Wolf:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on November 18, 2021, 01:39:15 PM ---…What are people using for multiple displays?  Has this become a Windows/PC world?

--- End quote ---
My church uses RenewedVision’s ProPresenter 7 with an external PCI-e chassis and a BlackMagic Design Decklink Duo card. We push 4 outputs (audience, stage, FOH, stream) as well as separate Alpha Key & Fill all from a newer Intel iMac.

Professionally, I am familiar with multi-destination switchers such as Analog Way’s Ascender.

A similar box to the Matrox would be the Datapath HX4 (HDMI) or FX4 (Displayport) or FX4-SDI.

Stephen Swaffer:
Reviving this thread with a little more runway to find a solution before the first of December-I should have started in January I know.

Our specific application is edge blending multiple projectors to create one ultra wide screen.  We just need a stable solution for use with QLab.  The Matrox Triple Head lets us extend a desktop over up to 3 displays so up to a 5760x1080.  The problem we are fighting is Matrox doesn't have any drivers to work with an OS newer than Catalina-at least that we have found.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on October 13, 2022, 03:15:51 PM ---Reviving this thread with a little more runway to find a solution before the first of December-I should have started in January I know.

Our specific application is edge blending multiple projectors to create one ultra wide screen.  We just need a stable solution for use with QLab.  The Matrox Triple Head lets us extend a desktop over up to 3 displays so up to a 5760x1080.  The problem we are fighting is Matrox doesn't have any drivers to work with an OS newer than Catalina-at least that we have found.

--- End quote ---

Have you checked out pro video player from renewed vision?  I’ve mapped video across 9 tvs of various size with it before and it has worked great.  I haven’t used it with sdi output cards but that would be the first thing I’d investigate if I needed a solution today.

Caleb Dueck:

--- Quote from: Stephen Swaffer on October 13, 2022, 03:15:51 PM ---Reviving this thread with a little more runway to find a solution before the first of December-I should have started in January I know.

--- End quote ---

Depending on the projector, you can sometimes do this natively in the projector itself.  It's not ideal, but the price is right in a pinch. 

Most any media server should do this, like PVP that Erik mentioned, or Arkaos, or similar. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version