ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple projectors/video mapping  (Read 3509 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Multiple projectors/video mapping
« on: November 18, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »

We have been using a TripleHeadtGo by Matrox for a couple of years-but we always fight making it work with newer Apple products-specifically a new Mac mini.  It seems like there ae do drivers for the new iOS's-post Snow Leopard

What are people using for multiple displays?  Has this become a Windows/PC world?
Steve Swaffer

Jordan Wolf

Re: Multiple projectors/video mapping
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:31:12 PM »

…What are people using for multiple displays?  Has this become a Windows/PC world?
My church uses RenewedVision’s ProPresenter 7 with an external PCI-e chassis and a BlackMagic Design Decklink Duo card. We push 4 outputs (audience, stage, FOH, stream) as well as separate Alpha Key & Fill all from a newer Intel iMac.

Professionally, I am familiar with multi-destination switchers such as Analog Way’s Ascender.

A similar box to the Matrox would be the Datapath HX4 (HDMI) or FX4 (Displayport) or FX4-SDI.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 03:15:51 PM »

Reviving this thread with a little more runway to find a solution before the first of December-I should have started in January I know.

Our specific application is edge blending multiple projectors to create one ultra wide screen.  We just need a stable solution for use with QLab.  The Matrox Triple Head lets us extend a desktop over up to 3 displays so up to a 5760x1080.  The problem we are fighting is Matrox doesn't have any drivers to work with an OS newer than Catalina-at least that we have found.

Steve Swaffer

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 05:33:59 PM »

Reviving this thread with a little more runway to find a solution before the first of December-I should have started in January I know.

Our specific application is edge blending multiple projectors to create one ultra wide screen.  We just need a stable solution for use with QLab.  The Matrox Triple Head lets us extend a desktop over up to 3 displays so up to a 5760x1080.  The problem we are fighting is Matrox doesn't have any drivers to work with an OS newer than Catalina-at least that we have found.

Have you checked out pro video player from renewed vision?  I’ve mapped video across 9 tvs of various size with it before and it has worked great.  I haven’t used it with sdi output cards but that would be the first thing I’d investigate if I needed a solution today.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 10:03:12 PM »

Depending on the projector, you can sometimes do this natively in the projector itself.  It's not ideal, but the price is right in a pinch. 

Most any media server should do this, like PVP that Erik mentioned, or Arkaos, or similar. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 10:03:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.