ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting bracket or band clamp options  (Read 1587 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Mounting bracket or band clamp options
« on: November 18, 2021, 12:09:43 PM »

Going to be installing some small 70v speakers in a greenhouse. They’ll be mounted on 4x4” vertical support posts made of galvanized metal. I’d just as soon not drill into the posts, so am looking at mounting options. Actual speaker haven’t been chosen yet so I don’t even know yet what speaker bracket type I’ll be using. Just wondering if there is a common bracket or clamp available. There will be several dozen units, so cost is a consideration.
I notice stainless steel band clamps are used by our town to mount signs etc to streetlight posts. Not sure if that’s a suitable option. Speakers will be be a smaller weatherproof enclosed unit....probably about the size of a bookshelf speaker.
Any suggestions?
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Scott Hofmann

Re: Mounting bracket or band clamp options
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 03:17:16 PM »

If the post is hollow the stainless band clamp might crush it. Also not sure they are flexible enough for square vs. the usual round posts.
Guess it depends on how substantial the post is.
Scott Hofmann

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 03:28:01 AM »

I seriously doubt that a band will be able to crush the post. Those are sometimes even filled with concrete. Here is a stainless steel hose type clamp that should work.

https://products.kinter.com/item/sign-mounting-kits/indoor-outdoor-sign-mounting-bracket-kit/104020
-Hal

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »

No, those posts walls are probably 1/8” thick or more. No worries about crushing. I’m friendly with a couple local sign contractors. I’ll check with them. I know they often use bands like what Hal posted. Was just checking to see if there was something different that I hadn’t seen.
Thanks guys.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 05:07:54 PM »

No, those posts walls are probably 1/8” thick or more. No worries about crushing. I’m friendly with a couple local sign contractors. I’ll check with them. I know they often use bands like what Hal posted. Was just checking to see if there was something different that I hadn’t seen.
Thanks guys.
Well, if you Google "square pole sign mounting bracket" you get just about everything available including round pole. If you need something different, it would be no problem for a welding or metal fabrication shop to make your idea up for you. I've gone that route in the past.
-Hal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 05:07:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.