Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

Mounting bracket or band clamp options

(1/1)

Bradford "BJ" James:
Going to be installing some small 70v speakers in a greenhouse. Theyíll be mounted on 4x4Ē vertical support posts made of galvanized metal. Iíd just as soon not drill into the posts, so am looking at mounting options. Actual speaker havenít been chosen yet so I donít even know yet what speaker bracket type Iíll be using. Just wondering if there is a common bracket or clamp available. There will be several dozen units, so cost is a consideration.
I notice stainless steel band clamps are used by our town to mount signs etc to streetlight posts. Not sure if thatís a suitable option. Speakers will be be a smaller weatherproof enclosed unit....probably about the size of a bookshelf speaker.
Any suggestions?

Scott Hofmann:
If the post is hollow the stainless band clamp might crush it. Also not sure they are flexible enough for square vs. the usual round posts.
Guess it depends on how substantial the post is.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC:
I seriously doubt that a band will be able to crush the post. Those are sometimes even filled with concrete. Here is a stainless steel hose type clamp that should work.

https://products.kinter.com/item/sign-mounting-kits/indoor-outdoor-sign-mounting-bracket-kit/104020
-Hal

Bradford "BJ" James:
No, those posts walls are probably 1/8Ē thick or more. No worries about crushing. Iím friendly with a couple local sign contractors. Iíll check with them. I know they often use bands like what Hal posted. Was just checking to see if there was something different that I hadnít seen.
Thanks guys.

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC:

--- Quote from: Bradford "BJ" James on November 19, 2021, 09:37:43 AM ---No, those posts walls are probably 1/8Ē thick or more. No worries about crushing. Iím friendly with a couple local sign contractors. Iíll check with them. I know they often use bands like what Hal posted. Was just checking to see if there was something different that I hadnít seen.
Thanks guys.

--- End quote ---
Well, if you Google "square pole sign mounting bracket" you get just about everything available including round pole. If you need something different, it would be no problem for a welding or metal fabrication shop to make your idea up for you. I've gone that route in the past.
-Hal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version