ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico SD8 Offline Editor - Outputs unavailable?  (Read 485 times)

Josh Bessom

• Lazy Preacher
Digico SD8 Offline Editor - Outputs unavailable?
« on: November 17, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »

Figured I'd experiment with rack sharing at the console, tried some settings, then restored to full control with the FOH SD8...now with every show file I save on this console, when opening in the offline editor outputs are unavailable.  I cannot see a way to re-enable them in the offline editor.  This is a major workflow hindrance and makes offline editing nearly impossible.  Any ideas?  I have already tried opening and re-saving at the console, no change.

Brian Bolly

• Homeward Bound
Re: Digico SD8 Offline Editor - Outputs unavailable?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 11:01:07 PM »

Figured I'd experiment with rack sharing at the console, tried some settings, then restored to full control with the FOH SD8...now with every show file I save on this console, when opening in the offline editor outputs are unavailable.  I cannot see a way to re-enable them in the offline editor.  This is a major workflow hindrance and makes offline editing nearly impossible.  Any ideas?  I have already tried opening and re-saving at the console, no change.

Sounds like you've disabled all outputs on an Optocore rack.  In the editor, Master Screen -> Setup -> Audio IO -> Rack -> Setup Optocore there's a button for "Disable all outputs" (and when disabled) "Enable All outputs".  Will be in the bottom right once you've selected Setup Optocore.

When you're saving on the actual surface, something to do with your splits & sharing has disabled them, possibly in your scope.

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »

Hi Josh

Without seeing what was changed I would recommend you start fresh by deleting the startup.ses and sd8.ini file found in the SD8 folder installed on your computers drive. on next launch all settings should be reset as they were on first install.

Sounds like you've disabled all outputs on an Optocore rack.  In the editor, Master Screen -> Setup -> Audio IO -> Rack -> Setup Optocore there's a button for "Disable all outputs" (and when disabled) "Enable All outputs".  Will be in the bottom right once you've selected Setup Optocore.

When you're saving on the actual surface, something to do with your splits & sharing has disabled them, possibly in your scope.
Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:42:47 AM »

Hi Josh

Without seeing what was changed I would recommend you start fresh by deleting the startup.ses and sd8.ini file found in the SD8 folder installed on your computers drive. on next launch all settings should be reset as they were on first install.

DO NOT TRUST CHIP !!

(J.K. Your best advice comes from Chip).

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:55:23 AM »

DO NOT TRUST CHIP !!

(J.K. Your best advice comes from Chip).

I heard rumours of a Chip shortage....
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 10:55:23 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.