ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico Purple Box Question  (Read 1022 times)

Jonathan Gould NC

Digico Purple Box Question
« on: November 27, 2021, 09:51:01 AM »

Anyone know if the fiber output of the Digico Purple Box is standard optical MADI? as in can be plugged into another optical madi device for recording, like an RME HDSP card? https://www.rme-audio.de/hdspe-madi-fx.html

Or is a proprietary optical signal that must go to another Purple Box to be converted back to MADI?

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: Digico Purple Box Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 11:55:01 AM »

Anyone know if the fiber output of the Digico Purple Box is standard optical MADI? as in can be plugged into another optical madi device for recording, like an RME HDSP card? https://www.rme-audio.de/hdspe-madi-fx.html

Or is a proprietary optical signal that must go to another Purple Box to be converted back to MADI?

I'm 99% sure it's just a dual MADI format conversion box, no special sauce or protocol (it's not Optocore).  Similarly, the Sonible ml:mio is a MADI format converter, and there's one SSL makes as well.  Just make sure you're sending "Std MADI" (64 ch) from the Digico out to the RME.  Some devices get cranky with with the 56 channel MADI that is Digico-ized, I don't know if the RME is one of them.

Chip Sciacca

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »

Hi Jonathan
 This is indeed two ports of MADI over fiber and NOT Optocore as Brian mentions.
Best Regards

I'm 99% sure it's just a dual MADI format conversion box, no special sauce or protocol (it's not Optocore).  Similarly, the Sonible ml:mio is a MADI format converter, and there's one SSL makes as well.  Just make sure you're sending "Std MADI" (64 ch) from the Digico out to the RME.  Some devices get cranky with with the 56 channel MADI that is Digico-ized, I don't know if the RME is one of them.
Tech Support Engineer
Group One Ltd.
DiGiCo USA
Klang USA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.