Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

SHURE ANTENNA W/ SENNHEISER RECEIVER

(1/2) > >>

JonClark:
Hello everybody, so I recently bought a used in ear monitors set up off of reverb.com and I’m having trouble making the paddle antennas work with the Sennheiser IEM antenna combiner. The set up came with the Shure paddles and when I plug them into the sennheiser units  I get nothing but when I plug them into a Shure Receiver that I have, they power right up.

I have already checked the basics like cables and connections, frequency ranges Etc… The only difference I can see in the sure receiver versus the Sennheiser receiver is that the sure has a 75mA output and the sanitizers have a 350 mA output.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: JonClark on November 09, 2021, 09:57:11 PM ---Hello everybody, so I recently bought a used in ear monitors set up off of reverb.com and I’m having trouble making the paddle antennas work with the Sennheiser IEM antenna combiner. The set up came with the Shure paddles and when I plug them into the sennheiser units  I get nothing but when I plug them into a Shure Receiver that I have, they power right up.

I have already checked the basics like cables and connections, frequency ranges Etc… The only difference I can see in the sure receiver versus the Sennheiser receiver is that the sure has a 75mA output and the sanitizers have a 350 mA output.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

You can’t use a powered antenna as a transmit antenna. It has active electronics to amplify the signal goin the other way. Active antennas are for receivers only.

Mac

JonClark:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on November 09, 2021, 10:05:08 PM ---You can’t use a powered antenna as a transmit antenna. It has active electronics to amplify the signal goin the other way. Active antennas are for receivers only.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Ok this antenna can either be passive or active. Doesn’t work on the passive setting either

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: JonClark on November 10, 2021, 10:22:33 AM ---Ok this antenna can either be passive or active. Doesn’t work on the passive setting either

--- End quote ---

Straight from page 1 of the Shure UA874 Manual:

"Do not use this antenna for transmitting"

https://pubs.shure.com/guide/UA874/en-US

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: JonClark on November 10, 2021, 10:22:33 AM ---Ok this antenna can either be passive or active. Doesn’t work on the passive setting either

--- End quote ---

I believe the only way that a Shure active antenna can be used as a passive antenna is to remove the active electronics and solder a connector directly to the antenna trace on the paddle. I'm assuming that has not been done. I've never seen an active antenna with a "passive" selection.

it CAN be operated in Unity Gain mode, which means it is not actually amplifying the incoming signals, but that is definitely not the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version