Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Semi Pro Camera Suggestions

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lee Douglas:
Thanks for the advice so far.  I hadn't thought about the PGM return feed.  Especially since there isn't likely to be an intercom at these shows.  I do know that there is an art to it, much like there more to sound than just moving the faders.  I especially like the reverse follow spot analogy.  Any suggestions of brands and models I should be considering?

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Lee Douglas on November 08, 2021, 11:59:15 AM ---Thanks for the advice so far.  I hadn't thought about the PGM return feed.  Especially since there isn't likely to be an intercom at these shows.  I do know that there is an art to it, much like there more to sound than just moving the faders.  I especially like the reverse follow spot analogy.  Any suggestions of brands and models I should be considering?

--- End quote ---

Whatís your budget?

Lee Douglas:
I don't have one yet.  I don't have any idea of what's out there.  I've looked at Red cameras, which are way too much for this endeavor.  The DJi RONIN 4D looks cool, but has more bells and whistles than I would ever need for this project and still more than I want to spend. I'm trying improve their product at the most reasonable cost to myself. 

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Lee Douglas on November 08, 2021, 12:36:36 PM ---I don't have one yet.  I don't have any idea of what's out there.  I've looked at Red cameras, which are way too much for this endeavor.  The DJi RONIN 4D looks cool, but has more bells and whistles than I would ever need for this project and still more than I want to spend. I'm trying improve their product at the most reasonable cost to myself.

--- End quote ---
The new BlackMagic Studio Camera Pros have communication, and with another dodad can run EVERYTHING through an ethernet cable.

Mike Caldwell:
You need to get a budget number and the actual goal that they want to achieve then see if the goal and budget are in the same place.

For a pro'ish basics figure $2000 for a camera and $300 for tripod.
You can add a zero to each of those prices real fast!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version