Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Yorkville tx4’s no highs only mid low

(1/2) > >>

COREY HART:
Hello all,

Going through our basement o stuff and found a complete Yorkville tx4 system with 5 tx4’s and 2 subs unsure the models on the subs.

Got these hooked up to an amplifier crown k2x2 and can’t seem to understand something with the tx4’s.

On the back of them they say if I switch pinout from +-1 mid low to +-2 highs. Should this happen at the amp or at the plug in the back of the speaker?

Currently it sounds really good all together just very muddy as if the highs are completely missing. Hoping this would be the solution.

Also I am not running a processor as I never had one. I wish and finding these processors is not super easy. However for now would switching the pins give me highs on the tx4’s?

Thank you for your time.

Mike Pyle:

--- Quote from: COREY HART on November 04, 2021, 09:37:20 AM ---Hello all,

Going through our basement o stuff and found a complete Yorkville tx4 system with 5 tx4’s and 2 subs unsure the models on the subs.

Got these hooked up to an amplifier crown k2x2 and can’t seem to understand something with the tx4’s.

On the back of them they say if I switch pinout from +-1 mid low to +-2 highs. Should this happen at the amp or at the plug in the back of the speaker?

Currently it sounds really good all together just very muddy as if the highs are completely missing. Hoping this would be the solution.

Also I am not running a processor as I never had one. I wish and finding these processors is not super easy. However for now would switching the pins give me highs on the tx4’s?

Thank you for your time.

--- End quote ---

The TX4s need to be bi-amped. You need a crossover to split your low and high signal to separate amp channels. Assuming you have speakon connectors on the cabinets you would use 4 conductor cable to connect the low freq amp to pins 1+/1- and connect the high freq amp to pins 2+/2- of the speakons.

Mike Caldwell:
You do not want to be "switching pins" on the connections to connect the highs.

You need to use four wire wired speakons connected to amps or amp properly
set up for bi-amping with a crossover/processor either built in the amps
or an external unit.

Doing anything else will result in blown up high frequency drivers.

Mike Monte:

--- Quote from: COREY HART on November 04, 2021, 09:37:20 AM ---Hello all,

Thank you for your time.

--- End quote ---
I have four TX4's in my inventory and I use the TX4P processor.
I've had the TX4s' for quite a few years and they sound excellent both indoors and out.

I have never used them without the processor but there could be a work-a-round:

I have used one of my TX4 racks (amps/TX4P processor) with my Yorkville e152B speakers (biamped). They are basically the same speaker cabinet (15/2) but the TXs' have better sensitivity and the TX4P processor has sense cables....

I have not tried it, but using an e152P processor (that is used to biamp/crossover the e152's) may work with the TX4's.

I think that Mike Pyle may have an E152P processor in stock......

Mike Pyle:

--- Quote from: Mike Monte on January 02, 2022, 05:51:34 PM ---I have four TX4's in my inventory and I use the TX4P processor.
I've had the TX4s' for quite a few years and they sound excellent both indoors and out.

I have never used them without the processor but there could be a work-a-round:

I have used one of my TX4 racks (amps/TX4P processor) with my Yorkville e152B speakers (biamped). They are basically the same speaker cabinet (15/2) but the TXs' have better sensitivity and the TX4P processor has sense cables....

I have not tried it, but using an e152P processor (that is used to biamp/crossover the e152's) may work with the TX4's.

I think that Mike Pyle may have an E152P processor in stock......

--- End quote ---

I do still have an E152P-XLR processor on the shelf. I don't know how similar the settings would be to the TX4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version