ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Theatre Control connection issues  (Read 1824 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: X32 Theatre Control connection issues
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 04:42:34 PM »

If it seems to be computer-specific then the first thing I'd check is your firewall settings. I'd also still be curious to see your network settings; OSC is UDP, so something like a subnet mismatch might cause the issues you're seeing, too.

-Russ

First think I thought was firewall
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 07:52:25 AM »

First think I thought was firewall
Same here.  A simple check, ideally without connection to the internet, would be to disable your firewall temporarily and see if you can then connect successfully - which would indicate whether it was a firewall issue very quickly.  Don't forget to re-enable your firewall afterwards, thaough!

If the firewall turns out to be the issue, then it may take some detective work to see exactly what needs to be done to fix the problem, but may be as simple as:

Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security - Open Windows Security -> Firewall & network protection -> Allow an app through the firewall.

Click on the "Change Settings" button (otherwise the list of apps below is read-only)

In here look for the theatre control app, tick the box to the left, and tick the "Private" network box on the right.

Let us know how you get on...

Bob Stuber

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »

Sorry to have not returned to provide an update. Once we got into tech rehearsals and the software was playing nicely with the school's computer, I lost some of my concern over the problems connecting with my PC. Just before Tec week I got a moment with the X32 to check on IPs for the mixer and my PC (the one that would not stay connected). To my surprise, it connected as it should and stayed connected.  I was a bit stunned by this success, and failed to look up the IP and  subnet mask.

I don't like intermittent problems. Since the computer connected to the mixer without turning off the firewall, it makes a firewall issue a little less likely. My guess is that there was an IP conflict of some sort.

The show itself went off without a hitch using the theater department's Mac. We employed user assignable buttons on the X32 to control X32TC (which controls "scenes" on the X32) and to control QLab. It really allowed the mixer to keep his hands on the faders.

Thanks again for all the help that was offered.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.