ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Accounting For Humidity  (Read 2181 times)

doug johnson2

Re: Accounting For Humidity
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 04:14:09 PM »

While I can't help with the actual math involved, I have EAW UX8800 processors.  They have input fields for listener distance (per processing leg) and temperature and humidity (global).  Entering the proper values in these fields can make a significant difference in how good the systems sound over the entire coverage area.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 10:10:04 AM »

BSS offered a meteorology probe for the FDS-388

Not cheap. I recall purchasing one for a tour Se who insisted he needed it. Came back from tour unopened. I was tempted to make it another kind of probe.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 10:21:15 AM »

Not cheap. I recall purchasing one for a tour Se who insisted he needed it. Came back from tour unopened. I was tempted to make it another kind of probe.

These days I live in the install world most of the time, and use Q-sys as my DSP of choice.    I have made a plugin to gather and log data from a Control By Web X-406 with a temp humidity sensor. 
https://www.controlbyweb.com/x406/

I am typically using multiple sensors, one for outdoor, and another inside each amplifier rack.

I then have another script that takes the outdoor temperature/humidity and automatically re-calibrates my delay settings for the entire venue every 10 minutes. My venues typically have delays in the 500ms + range where differences over a 40 degree temperature swing are...substantial. Currently, the only parameter I am adjusting is delay, nothing for HF compensation or anything.  In the grand scheme of things, the X-406 is pretty cheap. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Matthias McCready

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »

Once you get the A15 system you will have access to Network Manager.  Within each amp channel DSP is an air loss compensation filter, which can be applied to each zone without compromising phase.  If the designers were kind enough to give you a P1 processor to go with the system, you can get a USB temp and humidity sensor.  You can then use the Autoclimate feature to deal with your issue.  It has a simple GUI that is intended to be used during a show.

I don't think designers were kind enough to give a P1.

But I gather I can still adjust the amps, it would just have to be manual? or is there a place where I could enter in the temp/humidity?

Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »

Meyer Sound Galaxy has Atmospheric Correction built in. I use it every night since we also have humidity and temp changing like crazy.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 03:50:02 PM »

IIRC from SIM School, the changes in air transfer due to temperature and humidity are not linear as those two variables change, so the predictor has to be intelligent rather than a simple spreadsheet.

The Meyer Galileo also had temperature and humidity compensation, and came with a cool thermometer/humidity meter. FWIW for the first year I had it I diligently programmed in the information and followed the environment throughout the nights. After a while, I just listened and dealt with it as needed, absent the thermometer/humidity device. So sue me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 03:50:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.