Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

QSC PLX Amplifier Crackle in Bridge Mode

<< < (2/2)

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Matthew Csortan on October 22, 2021, 05:30:34 PM ---I have a QSC PLX-3602 Amplifier that makes a crackling/popping sound when running in bridge mode

Doesn't happen when cold, but progressive gets louder as it warms up and is a constant sound.

No input signal is present and no input cable is connected

Build date is Aug 2015

If anyone has any experience/thoughts on the issue it would be appreciated

thanks

--- End quote ---

Check this out Mike.  Maybe with a cable on the input (load the open input) it would quiet down.  Sounds suspect.  I'm thinking it's time to contact tech support.

Mike Caldwell:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on October 23, 2021, 10:11:38 AM ---Check this out Mike.  Maybe with a cable on the input (load the open input) it would quiet down.  Sounds suspect.  I'm thinking it's time to contact tech support.

--- End quote ---

I guess I read the original post just a little too fast!!!

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on October 23, 2021, 10:17:26 AM ---I guess I read the original post just a little too fast!!!

--- End quote ---

It was embedded without any line spacing - easy to miss.

For the OP, try connecting an input source to the amp, even if it's turned off and see if noise is still present.  i.e. try it with the input shunted.  In rare cases open inputs can be noisy - that's a long shot though.  Bridging switch contacts could be dirty.

Amp probably needs a trip to a service bench.

When an amp starts acting squirrely it's better safe than sorry - you don't want to need it out on a job and it doesn't work properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version