Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

QSC PLX Amplifier Crackle in Bridge Mode

(1/2) > >>

Matthew Csortan:
I have a QSC PLX-3602 Amplifier that makes a crackling/popping sound when running in bridge mode

Doesn't happen when cold, but progressive gets louder as it warms up and is a constant sound.
No input signal is present and no input cable is connected

Build date is Aug 2015

If anyone has any experience/thoughts on the issue it would be appreciated

thanks

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: mcsortan on October 22, 2021, 05:30:34 PM ---I have a QSC PLX-3602 Amplifier that makes a crackling/popping sound when running in bridge mode

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Matthew Csortan:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on October 22, 2021, 05:43:13 PM ---Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

--- End quote ---

And I have found turning off the Clip Limiter makes the problem worse

Steve-White:
https://www.qsc.com/support/product-repair/

Mike Caldwell:
What are you powering with that in bridged mode?
You could be hearing the speaker starting to bottom out.

Are you connecting only to the two red binding post for the speaker connection?

Are you connecting only to the Ch.1 input?

Do you have the level control on Ch.2 turned all the way down?

Double check the DIP switch settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version