Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Mic ideas for picking up crowd for live stream audio feed

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eileen Krause:

--- Quote from: Mike Caldwell on October 22, 2021, 09:22:34 AM ---The speakers in the picture look like EV EVID 6.2, if so those need to be rotated 90 degress to vertical.

As for what ever room mics you use set up your mixer routing so those mics do not go to main PA mix.

--- End quote ---

Mike- thank  you for the input.  Yes- understood on the separate routing of crowd mix.   Does not go in the house- 

side note--
regarding speaker--(good eyes)  We have experimented with them angled in both ways- horiz and vert.  The room is 50 x40 with pews in the round surrounding altar in the middle.  We have 2 EVID's on each side and actually the horiz placement has given us good results without certain feedback issues- but I understand your point.  Congregation is happy with clarity and speech reinforcement so for now I'm leaving them.

As for hanging the mics- I'm still stuck with where to hang them - the pews in the round...
 I'm posting a different picture that shows the tie rods- that are above the congregation..  I'm not sure folks will want mics hanging down from them- But I will be checking that with the Building-Grounds committee...

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Eileen Krause on October 22, 2021, 11:27:26 AM ---As for hanging the mics- I'm still stuck with where to hang them - the pews in the round...
 I'm posting a different picture that shows the tie rods- that are above the congregation..  I'm not sure folks will want mics hanging down from them- But I will be checking that with the Building-Grounds committee...

--- End quote ---

The chandeliers might be a good place to hide mics.

Mac

Stephen Swaffer:
What works for us (actually surprised me how well it works) is I place a Peavy SDC (I can't remember the specific model)  on a stand at the front of the auditorium pointed at the ceiling-our auditorium is wider than long, so I reasoned the "back" half of the ceiling would reflect the congregational singing, this also placed the mic out of the direct sound from the main speakers.  I run it only to the livestream, but run it pretty hot.  We leave it muted, turn it on on the first word of a song and off at the end-produces an somewhat annoying echo in the livestream if it is left on.

I tried hanging mics-but didn't get the results I wanted.  This was intended as a quick and dirty, "lets see what we get" so far I haven't found a way to improve.

Eileen Krause:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on October 22, 2021, 01:12:21 PM ---The chandeliers might be a good place to hide mics.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Wow.. Mac that IS a very interesting idea!!!  I'm going to be at the church later or tomorrow so I will look at that ..  thank YOU!!

Tim Weaver:
The AT Pro45's are very small. About the size of your pinky finger and maybe an inch and a half long. They come with a little wire hanger thingy that kicks them out at a 45 degree angle. They come in black and white. They also have a tiny cable attached to the mic which is supposed to be used to hang it with. The cable is about 25 feet long.

Pretty much all hanging choir mics have these features. They really disappear pretty easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version