ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pairing Tops with Subs - Appropriate Wattage?  (Read 3130 times)

Mal Brown

Re: Pairing Tops with Subs - Appropriate Wattage?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »

Luke, that is a horrible idea!

Way too simple a solution to what could
be a much more expensive and complicated fix.

You radical ;-)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 08:15:14 AM »

If it helps, I have used SRX818, SRX828, PRX718xlfs and KW181 with my DSR112's and the systems all sounded great in small/mid sized clubs. My usual small club set up was the DSR/PRX combo and even now I use DZR12's with my PRX's and they also work well together. I already had the PRX subs when I purchased my DSR's so it made sense to continue using them.
I realize that SRX is up there in price with the Yamaha DXR subs so no benefit budget wise and personally I would match with the Yamaha subs anyway if I were to spend the money......BUT if you can grab a decent PRX618XLF,  PRX718XLF or KW181 for good money then you wouldn't be disappointed with your set up at all. The DSR has the HP so you wouldn't have to worry about running it with a KW181 - ALTHOUGH I must admit I did prefer the HP setting in the PRX (90Hz) to the DSR (120Hz) so with the PRX subs, you could choose whichever you prefer. The KW181 is full through.

Outside you would need more subbage.....

Debbie;

For some reason I was thinking you had a Danley system as well. Do you still have it or let it go?

Douglas R. Allen

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 10:55:52 AM »

Debbie;

For some reason I was thinking you had a Danley system as well. Do you still have it or let it go?

Douglas R. Allen

Oh i do have a Danley system Doug. I sold the SRX for the Danley and I couldn't be happier!!!
I use the PRX/DZR combo in the smaller clubs and the Danley gets used for everything else.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 10:55:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.