Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

upgrading the SRX812P to what?

(1/13) > >>

Matt Vivlamore:
Over the winter I would like to replace/upgrade my SRX812P with something a little more powerful and something that has a little "cleaner" sound.  Over the summers I get spoiled and get to mix on RCF TTL6A, d&b V7P & V8 arrays and I love how easy they are to work with; some channel EQ'ing and a couple PA cuts and I'm extremely happy.  And then I go back to my SRX812P and I feel like I'm fighting the EQ to get the "finesse/clean" sound.

I am going to have a nice little Budget of $6500 for a pair (there are plenty of dealers on there to help me get it below retail price).  I'm staying with Powered speakers; everything of mine is powered and I don't want to carry an amp rack.  Hopefully I can find something under 100lbs because they'll be stacked on SRX828SP.  I'm not opposed to start building a small Line Array and stick 1-2x boxes on poles.

Travis_Valois:

--- Quote from: Matt Vivlamore on October 17, 2021, 06:29:32 PM ---Over the winter I would like to replace/upgrade my SRX812P with something a little more powerful and something that has a little "cleaner" sound.  Over the summers I get spoiled and get to mix on RCF TTL6A, d&b V7P & V8 arrays and I love how easy they are to work with; some channel EQ'ing and a couple PA cuts and I'm extremely happy.  And then I go back to my SRX812P and I feel like I'm fighting the EQ to get the "finesse/clean" sound.

I am going to have a nice little Budget of $6500 for a pair (there are plenty of dealers on there to help me get it below retail price).  I'm staying with Powered speakers; everything of mine is powered and I don't want to carry an amp rack.  Hopefully I can find something under 100lbs because they'll be stacked on SRX828SP.  I'm not opposed to start building a small Line Array and stick 1-2x boxes on poles.

--- End quote ---
SRX835P?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

David Sturzenbecher:
Fulcrum used to have self powered versions of their stuff as standard offerings.  While they are not standard, they can still be special ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Matt Vivlamore on October 17, 2021, 06:29:32 PM ---Over the winter I would like to replace/upgrade my SRX812P with something a little more powerful and something that has a little "cleaner" sound.  Over the summers I get spoiled and get to mix on RCF TTL6A, d&b V7P & V8 arrays and I love how easy they are to work with; some channel EQ'ing and a couple PA cuts and I'm extremely happy.  And then I go back to my SRX812P and I feel like I'm fighting the EQ to get the "finesse/clean" sound.

--- End quote ---

Line arrays would be a step back. 

MattLeonard:
I just sold my SRX rig (812p over 818). To me - the "upgrade" was both about size/weight/footprint/ease of use, as well as volume, clarity, and coverage.

I wanted to keep things easily deployable with a single person - and went with (4) of the db tech ig4t's - they sound great, and incredibly light and easy to deploy, have good wide coverage outdoors (110), and get loud - though you definitely want subs under them for most anything beyond vocals. (I do a lot of press conferences, so the work great solo for this) And, I can use them as 2 separate rigs, or combine 2 per side (they stack vertically) for even more output.

I also picked up a pair of Yamaha DZR10 (And DXS15XLF subs) - which is more a sideways step on the SRX - but they are smaller/lighter (which is a big plus for me), and didn't have the annoying rattle that the 812's are infamous for. They can do everything my SRX rig could - but also can play monitor duty when I'm using the ig4t's as mains.

-Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version